• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the scoop eagle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 595 number for AA does not include TWA LLC. As of 1 Feb 02 (61 more furloughes), there will be 290 LLC pilots on furlough.

Total of 885 from AA & TWA LLC combined, but NOT including AE.

AA also just announced they will return all TWA LLCs 717s by Jun 02.

Since AA is continuing to operate under "force majuere," I doubt if they'll go for the combined seniority list concept and pay APA-negotiated RJ pay rates to AE pilots, if they can in any way avoid it. Could be an interesting year, gentlemen.

Be interested to hear AE'ers views on a combined list, even if it meant taking the brunt of furloughs on a combined list.

Last edited:
Be cautious, Eaglets. I've heard from many of my Eagle friends today who are excited about this. Notice that phase 2 involves American pilots flying the 50 seat jets (the ones Eagle now has) with Eagle pilots "rapidly" flowing though to these "American" positions.

"Phase Two calls for AMR Corporation to exchange their 44-seat Regional Jet orders for 50-seat Regional Jets and have them delivered to and flown by American Airlines. Once all American Airlines and TWA LLC pilots are recalled, American Eagle pilots would rapidly flow-through to these new American Airlines jobs."

Wake up, these are currently Eagle positions! This sounds like the old flow-through agreement all over again, only this time, Eagle has to give up RJ flying they already have? In my experience, many at Eagle are blinded by the promise of the flow-through, and are willing to give away anything to get it. I used to work there, I've seen it. I'd caution everyone to see the full proposal before getting so excited over this press release.

I think most of us sitting on our furloughed butts, are most excited about a positive sign of recalls. All I want is to fly again. Im not worried about one seniority list at this point. But you do have a point, I mean, eagle must have the worst and longest contract of all the regionals. The bottom line is that whatever it takes to prevent more furloughs at eagle and get us back online has got to be considered a positive thing. As for me, Im still crossing my fingers. Good Luck...

acceptance

if the airline agrees to this, I will be surprised. All the other carriers are distancing themselves from their regionals, a trend we see continuing.

Im all for it, by the time it is alll worked out all pilots will be back on the line. they can have the CRJ700 only 2 airplanes, phase 1. Phase 2 fly the new ERJ's then pase 3 all pilots one one list. I would love to put my bid in for 757 FO DFW even if it took me 5 years to get it.

Eagle flight xxx, opps I mean American xxx

English, you are correct on this one. I'm a current Eagle guy, and I don't like how phase one and two of that whole deal are sounding. If this were to occur, by the time Eagle was integrated into AA, it would be time for you to flow-thru anyways. They'd probably staple on some stipulation like "All previous Eagle pilots must acquire 6000 hours of total time before bidding an AA aircraft (F-100 and on up)."

Half of the guys here at Eagle would love to get furloughed for 5 years if they could get an AA number. Not me. I'm not buying into that crap. It's pathetic. I can't believe how anyone that's worked at Eagle could still have such a boner for AMR. The whole flow-thru has clogged this company to a pathetic gridlock. Guys who would've gone to Southwest, Airtran, etc, chose to stay at Eagle for the extra 4 years so they could flow to AA. I've seen it. There seems to be a point at Eagle, somewhere around 3 - 3.5 years with the company, that most of the guys give up applying elsewhere and condemn themselves to flowing through. Then all you hear from them is, "i'll probably be able to hold the jet in 12 months, if things keep going like they are". Quit fooling yourselves guys. This whole thing will end up screwing Eagle in the longrun. That's a negative outlook, but the only way to look at a situation in regards to Eagle and AMR. I've looked forward to many things at Eagle in my short time here, and have been miserably disappointed everytime.

I'd go for it if. our goal as eagle pilots is to get to a major anyway. If this proposal is accepted and I get an AA number....mission accomplished. I don't care if it takes 2 years to get back to flying.

Remember folks, this is just round one. We've seen the opening offers, now let the bargaining begin! No way AMR will sign off on this one as is.

I can't believe all of the Eagles jumping for joy already. I want Onelist too, but SLOW DOWN. This is EXACTLY what got us into a 16 year contract. Remember how much you hate the contract?!?!

Amazing that will we want to to work for AA so badly, knowing **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well that we will suffer the same poor relations for 30 more years. Anything for money eh!?!? Cha-ching.

Congrats to the furlougees coming back. Hopefully they'll keep you around this time!

FO Again,

I can't agree with you more. Like I said, it has been almost 3 years since I left Eagle and I don't just see APA turning over and giving EGL something for nothing. I just don't see APA changing guards that quickly.

There is something in the silver lining in those clouds! Be Careful.

Latest resources

Back