• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the latest and greatest at TSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. For the right price, you can fly an MRJ. coming from PCL, you will be welcomed with open arms.

MRJ is still on order, dont expect to see one any time soon ( hasn't been built yet ). As a side question.... does anyone know what TSA plans to do with the MRJ? Have they said what colors it will fly?

Big Mistake

There are plenty of other places hiring. I would suggest you stay away from anything that Hulas has his hands in.

I haven't been at PCL since 2005 and have been furloughed from my last job for a year now so I am not current in anything. I have had calls from TSA, Republic, Piedmont, Eagle and Xjet. I am just trying to figure out my next move. I have resume's out to a number of other carriers but these are the ones that called me so far. I have been away from 121 stuff since 05 and I am a little out of touch with things. Thanks for any info

I haven't been at PCL since 2005 and have been furloughed from my last job for a year now so I am not current in anything. I have had calls from TSA, Republic, Piedmont, Eagle and Xjet. I am just trying to figure out my next move. I have resume's out to a number of other carriers but these are the ones that called me so far. I have been away from 121 stuff since 05 and I am a little out of touch with things. Thanks for any info

I would take RAH over TSA. In fact, I did.

Do some research

I am not an expert on all of these choices, but I can tell you that all the recent media over American trying to divest Eagle and contracting out Eagle flying would definitely raise concern over movement or getting furloughed. TSA we have already discussed and there is plenty on this board regarding TSA Holdings companies. Stay away from them all. Piedmont I don't know anything about. Same with XJet. Republic is growing and from what I have heard will take you without currency. You can search media info for Republic. They seem to getting new flying.

Piedmont is small with all out station bases. Will likely vote in their new contract in a few weeks. Not stellar rates, but the contract isn't terrible once off reserve. There should be a lot of movement with junior captains and FO's fleeing to greener pastures ASAP. The new contract has a "flow thru" of sorts to USair and supposedly the new AA, for what that's worth. Hopefully continuous movement on the seniority list and possibly bases in PHL/CLT with the new rest rules coming into effect. They are retiring 3 planes this year, with no orders on the books for replacements

In another thread, Eagle guys have said that Eagle already has guys flowing up to AA, at the rate of 20/month for the foreseeable future, and attrition at 25/month, so they need to hire 600/year just to handle current attrition.

Latest resources

Back