• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"What's next now for AA/US possible merger'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Settled for the majority will not float in the court of law. Stay tuned for several more years of LOA 93 for you and your majority....

We can speculate all we want to about how broad a wide range of reasonableness is according to the SCOTUS, but the fact remains the only way to get an answer to that question is after a ratification. When the company wants to move forward they will. In the mean time enjoy your weekend. :)

The list's most controversial component placed a 56-year-old pilot with 17 years at US Airways, who was never laid off, behind a 35-year-old America West pilot with a few months on the job. In hundreds of similar cases, east pilots with 15 or more years at the carrier went behind west pilots with just a few years.

Nice. I think that is something every pilot should except and should not fight. Just like selling out scope. Just except it. Next code share and then cabotage. Except it and move on.That is the General way of doing things.

M

When the east pilots stupidly went all or nothing by not allowing their committee to do anything but shout DOH! DOH! DOH! during negotiations they set themselves up for failure.

When you shout all or nothing sometimes you get nothing.

Not to mention that MCDU, and a lot of east pilots, don't understand the difference between seniority and longevity.

That 17 year USAir pilot had no bidding power before nor after the list.

The east wanted to transform that 17 year bottom FO reserve into a lineholding captain at the expense of west pilots.

They wanted to steal jobs. They had no integrity and apparently neither do their spoiled children (MCDU).

BTW MCDU did you go to college because you don't seem to know the difference between except and accept. Good thing there is not an essay portion on airline application forms. Oh wait! I forgot! You don't fly for an airline.

Last edited:
Quick question for the US Air folks from a future AA'r. If there is a merger with AA, do you anticipate all the quarrels to continue except in three ways? There has to be a way to find common ground? Maybe have APA represent?

Quick question for the US Air folks from a future AA'r. If there is a merger with AA, do you anticipate all the quarrels to continue except in three ways? There has to be a way to find common ground? Maybe have APA represent?

There can't be a "three way" because the west has no representation for that senario..

I thought the most controversial part of the award was that 15 junky little mini-widebodies somehow equated to 517 pilot slots, and they all - FO & IRO slots included - went to the top. The east is right; he is a crazy senile old man.

I thought the most controversial part of the award was that 15 junky little mini-widebodies somehow equated to 517 pilot slots, and they all - FO & IRO slots included - went to the top. The east is right; he is a crazy senile old man.

The East agreed to Nicalau as the arbitrator, and before he gave the award, he gave huge hints to the Easties to revise some of their wants, and they didn't take his advice. Your MEC chair at the time blew it, and you Easties put him there. It's your fault! Sad but true. So, don't agree to binding arbitration if you won't accept the award.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The East agreed to Nicalau as the arbitrator, and before he gave the award, he gave huge hints to the Easties to revise some of their wants, and they didn't take his advice. Your MEC chair at the time blew it, and you Easties put him there. It's your fault! Sad but true. So, don't agree to binding arbitration if you won't accept the award.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's why we don't have an MEC any more...I'm not sure what part you're not understanding Private.

You are way too wrapped up in this to just be a Delta pilot. Either you are shacking with a AWA pilot, you are just a paid instigator, or you are the original "Move2Clt", natural born hater. :D

I was thinking the same thing, why does he care so much.

I was thinking the same thing, why does he care so much.

Maybe I have good friends who are West (AWA) pilots? Maybe I think the Easties are a bunch of wheenies because they disregarded BINDING arbitration? If you don't care, you should ask yourself, why not? It can affect all of us, people just disregarding agreements within our profession. It was totally wrong, and they need to pay for that, and they will eventually. Talk about giving a handshake and crossing your fingers behind your back......but I guess you don't really care.....you have other things on your mind obviously...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back