What now, Big Sky?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheInsider

With the new contract at Mesaba one can only speculate what's going to happen to Big Sky.
Anyone care to share their thoughts?

I would guess that big sky pilots would be integrated into XJ's seniority list (with fences) via an LOA , IF and only IF, Big Sky was awarded flying from a mainline other than NWA. Big Sky didn't bother returning our phone calls when we were trying to help them out before they signed their contract and now they want to whine that we aren't returning their phone calls? What comes around goes around.

Have they been whining? Can't remember having read that anywhere. I am sure there are two sides to the story, as usual.

XJXJXJ

You seem to forget that all mighty can do no wrong ALPA, Made 2 dumb mistakes regarding the BigSky Pilot group. 2 times in the past eight years the Big Sky pilots applied for membership to join ALPA and were DENIED, turn away, told NO we don't want/need you, your to small won't make us enough money. Nobody seemed to care.

Fast Forward 3yrs to Oct 2002 and all the sudden everyone is freaking out because MAIR holdings bought a non ALPA carrier. This whole situating is not one that the BigSky pilots asked for wanted or should have been put into.

I have talked to MR. Wycore about the BigSky Alpa situation and he says flat out ALPA national dropped the ball in denying the BigSky pilot group into ALPA. Along with every other small airline that Alpa has said NO to.

I don't know the whole history of it but after the their 2ed ALPA rejection the BigSky pilots turned to the UTU. A union twice as big as ALPA, 125,000 strong representing transportation employees from AMTRACK and bus driver, truck drivers to the BigSky pilots.

There is protocol you can't just drop the union that you’re with, Just because your company has an owner ship change. I am sure a BigSky pilot would be happy to PM or post there side of the MAIR take over. Last year.

Big Sky DID NOT have to drop their union and go with ALPA just in order to negoiate a fair contract. They could have stayed with their current union and still stood their ground and refused such a substandard contract. The Big Sky pilots made their bed and now they must sleep in it.

XJXJXJ said:
The Big Sky pilots made their bed and now they must sleep in it.

I guess the bed that YOU sleep in is lined with that industry leading contract YOUR pilot group just signed. :rolleyes:

You're right about one thing, and it would be good that you remember your own words....what goes around comes around.

Douchebag.

(I had left this board for good for reasons like this thread. I now see why. I thought I would make one last pass to see if anything had changed. It hadn't. So, goodbye for good this time...absolutely. There is nothing at all worthwhile here anymore.)

trainerjet......"this is my house and if ya don't like it, get the f_uck out!"
2livecrew:D

Latest resources

Back