Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mtsupilot376

happy to be alive
I've been looking at what I pack lately in an attempt to limit the size and weight of my rolling bag. I'm just curious what others are packing for the overnight. How many uniform shirts, pants?Do you bring a jacket or hoodie? Athletic shoes or work out clothes? Any space or weight saving tips? I'm curious to see what everyone says.

I picked up a trick from a friend, to roll up socks and underwear in an undershirt. One tidy bundle to grab out of the bag each morning while staggering to the shower at 04:15. An eagle creek shirt folder bag helps keep things organized.

Running shoes and shorts are a must; often I just use the previous day's uniform undershirt for my run. I mean, I'm gonna smell pretty bad anyhow, no sense dorking up an extra shirt for each workout. I'll carry a brightly-colored race shirt in the winter months so I don't get run over if it's after dark before I get out to run.

I dumped the laptop for the summer, started carrying an ipad. Much easier not having to open up a bag to go through security.

I did four years of carrying a full 26" bag until I realized one day I was coming home from trips with a ton of clean clothes. You'll find the formula that works for you. Now, I start a trip with a 22" bag often leaves the house with space to spare.

Last edited:
Running shoes and shorts are a must; often I just use the previous day's uniform undershirt for my run. I mean, I'm gonna smell pretty bad anyhow, no sense dorking up an extra shirt for each workout. I'll carry a brightly-colored race shirt in the winter months so I don't get run over if it's after dark before I get out to run.

Nike Dry Fit (or similar) shorts and shirt. Run in it. Hop in the shower with it. Wring it out. Smells ok for a second or third run. Drys on a hanger on a short overnight.

I've been looking at what I pack lately in an attempt to limit the size and weight of my rolling bag. I'm just curious what others are packing for the overnight. How many uniform shirts, pants?Do you bring a jacket or hoodie? Athletic shoes or work out clothes? Any space or weight saving tips? I'm curious to see what everyone says.

Just don't forget your ballroom dancing leotard

Latest resources

Back