• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What brand of sunglasses do you wear?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good old fashoned Gargoyles. Had them since 1987. Big as a barn door, mirrored and ugly. But man do they keep the sun out with that wrap around lens. My wife thinks I should get out of the 80's, but hey they were good years!
Besides if Arnold looked cool wearing them, I know I do!:cool:

Does anyone know where to buy Raybans for a reasonable price? The only place I can find them is Sunglass hut in the mall, and they are all a minimum of $90 + tax.

Try www.apairofshades.com they seem to have good pricing. I would recommend going to a store, pick the model you like, and then check online. I will warn everyone about Ray Bans. I bought a pair and the lens broke after 3 weeks for no reason. I was putting the glasses on. RayBan has a 1 year warranty. I had to pay $10 to send the glasses to them. They denied my claim and then I had to argue with them for 4 weeks to get the glasses fixed. I have been without my glasses since November and still don't have them back from RayBan. I personally thing Oakley's are the best quality. One of the aviation mags., I think Plane and Pilot, just reviewed lenses. A lot of the Oakleys got really high reviews. Some cheap glasses like Foster Grants were on there as well.

Good Luck

My $.02 about Ray-Bans...

I've had maybe 8-10 pair over the last 15 years and have never had a problem... The only reason I don't still have them all is breakage (dropping on pavement, sat on, left on car roof, etc.), loss, or theft.

Then again I have never had to send any back... I had a pair repaired for free at my parents' optometrist, though now that I think about it, they WERE sent back to the manufacturer and they were repaired for nothing. I just used the Eye Doc as a go-between, not intentionally of course, they just couldn't fix the problem in the office. The problem was a broken lens, by the way, one of the ones that was dropped.

Question... Aren't Oakleys all plastic? The lenses I mean?

Ray-Ban with a medium tint and NO POLARIZATION. Expensive but they look good and more important they work good too. Already lost two pair of Oakleys in two years by leaving them in aircraft. Hopefully the RB's will not suffer the same fate...
:D

Twotter, buy a pair as expensive as the Juliet's and I guarantee you won't lose them. You will be more worried about them than putting your pants on in the morning. LOL...

Since everyone is concerned about polarized lenses, you might as well be concerned about "blue blockers". The lenses block a portion of the spectrum. Not a big deal until you misread a chart due to something being "invisible". What do I care, I wear $10 polarized lenses flying the meatballs in a 182. Now if I could only find something to keep my lips from being sunburned on those long slow climbs to 10k.
PS. Randolph sunglasses will NOT hold up to having a golf cart drive over them. Anybody want a slightly used pay of Randolphs?

Latest resources

Back