Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jobear said:
Now Mesa can bid for your Delta connection contract?:D
Or does Delta just start looking for another FRJ carrier?

Jobear

If this wasn't meant to pi$$ us off I'm not sure what the point was.

If you read the reports in the Dow Jones news, Johnny O is trumpeting about how ACA will lose the DCI contract if we buy Airbusses. He conveniently leaves out the fact that with the CRJ-900, Mesa would lose the DCI contract exactly the same way. Not that Johnny O would stretchhhhhhhhhh the truth.

If more of my fellow ACA pilots would e-mail Dow Jones and get this point across, we might have some luck seeing it in print and influencing the shareholders!!!!!!!

Not to mention, the stuff about about 15% of revenue is not necessarily 15% profit (especially with the Dornier) as well as the chance to simplify our fleet by unloading the maintenance pig Dorniers (but I still love it) on Delta. Hello! ACA pilots! We need to get this point across to the financial people (Dow Jones, etc) in the news.

trainerjet said:
OK...I'll revise my post to mean primarily larger transport aircraft. Like the 737, MD-80, 757 or A-320. :rolleyes:

You tell me why none of these aircraft have "white or grey stuff" on the wings?

Ummm... All of our 727s had painted wings. And we had about 10 different paint schemes from various airlines so I'd say it was a pretty representitive sample. Only the leading edges were left bare metal due to the anti-ice.

Or doesn't that count as a "larger transport aircraft"?:rolleyes:

Since this is abviously a big deal to some of you, I admit that I was wrong. Does this help?????????????

I went and looked at two of our aircraft in the hangar, and they each had a small painted section down the center of the underside of the wing. So, You are right, I am wrong. I admit I guess never paid that much attention. No paint on the leading edge or the flight controls, however.

Sorry again.

The relatively new Delta 737-800 that I flew on this morning had every part of the wings painted except of course the leading edge. This included all control surfaces...

This is exactly the same as on the CRJ that I fly...

Have a lovely day.

;)

j41driver said:
If this wasn't meant to pi$$ us off I'm not sure what the point was.

The point is that Skyway also operates FRJ's and we would like to know if there is a chance of picking up some more flying. We are just begging for a chance to grow. JOBear ment no harm.

The rumors as I understand them involve ACA's dornier guys flying the Dornier for someone else under the Delta Connection banner. I have NO idea how this would work, or who would go where on what list, it's just what I heard from Dojet capt with ACA.

Goodbye to all DCI flying!

When ACA gets the first NB on their property, they will no longer fly Delta missions.

That's simply the way it is.

anon said:
Goodbye to all DCI flying!

When ACA gets the first NB on their property, they will no longer fly Delta missions.

That's simply the way it is.

Actually no... what will most likely happen is DALPA will file a complaint/greivence as the only contract that is being broken when ACA takes on a NB is DALPAs and DALs. ACA and DAL have nothing in their contract regarding NB flying as far as I remember. DALPA wins the greivence regarding the language as specified, ACA is done flying with DAL.

If DAL management wants to drag it out, or, possibly (but I doubt), DALPA wants to use relief of this language as leverage for something else, ACA may still be flying for DCI a bit longer than first thought.

Also, don't forget the ACJet certificate. That could be used to get around DALPA's scope language, as I believe, reading from the ALPA boards, DALPA's scope language deals with air carriers, not holding companies.

The real pi$$er with this is the general consensous is NO ONE wants the Dojets.. They're a lot of up-keep. Actually, one group just *might*. DAL management. DAL is making a huge killing with this planes. DAL squeaked a good deal out of ACA for the Dojet flying. ACA isn't making money (breaking even), but DAL is making money with our little dodo birds.

Latest resources

Back