• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome Independence Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know what this is going to do to pilot staffing levels at ACA? The news report says they currently fly 148 aircraft including 120 RJ's. But when independent it says they will have a total of 112...thats 87 RJ's and 25 Airbus (wish it was Boeing though, lets keep Americans working). The way I see it, thats a reduction of 32 RJ's at about 10 pilots per plane= 320. A reduction of 28 Props at say 8 per plane= 184. And an addition of 25 Airbus at say 10 per plane= 250. The math says they will be overstaffed by 254.

I don't know how planes at Delta are included in this but it seems as if furloughs may occur. Anyone have any info regarding this?

pipejockey said:
And an addition of 25 Airbus at say 10 per plane= 250. The math says they will be overstaffed by 254.

I haven't run your numbers but one of the union guys told me they would staff the Airbus with approx. 8 crews per airplane. Also the forecast is for 33 of the Airbusses(sp?)by 2006 according to company info from 10/23/03. That would be 528 Airbus pilots. They are also talking about utilizing the CRJ's several hours more per day so that would make those staffing requirements increase from where they are now. I've heard 6 crews per airplane for the CRJ so that would be 1044 CRJ pilots. 1572 total with 87 CRJ's & 33 A319/320's. There are 1616 pilots on the 4th quarter 2003 list.

Last edited:
pipejockey said:
I don't know how planes at Delta are included in this but it seems as if furloughs may occur.

We currently have 87 CRJ's and 33 DoJets. That is the 120 RJ's that they are talking about.

FlyChicaga said:
I saw the paint scheme at flyi.com

Are they really going to paint the wings? Especially the bottom of the wings? Seems like a waste of weight.

Aren't most wings painted? Maybe they're just white or grey but they're painted, right?

j41driver said:
Aren't most wings painted? Maybe they're just white or grey but they're painted, right?

I think most light airplane wings are painted, but I can't think of any transport jets (or airline paint schemes) with painted wings. They are not painted for a variety of reasons, and not just the weight factor.

Now Mesa can bid for your Delta connection contract?:D
Or does Delta just start looking for another FRJ carrier?

Jobear

trainerjet said:
I think most light airplane wings are painted, but I can't think of any transport jets (or airline paint schemes) with painted wings. They are not painted for a variety of reasons, and not just the weight factor.

So what is the white stuff on my airplane that looks just like the paint on the side of the fuselage? How about the top of CMR's CRJ wings? Is that grey stuff not paint?

OK...I'll revise my post to mean primarily larger transport aircraft. Like the 737, MD-80, 757 or A-320. :rolleyes:

You tell me why none of these aircraft have "white or grey stuff" on the wings?

trainerjet said:
You tell me why none of these aircraft have "white or grey stuff" on the wings?

I have no clue...I guess I never looked that close. What are the non-weight based reasons that they aren't painted? Besides, the paint job you were looking at was a CRJ not the Airbus.

Latest resources

Back