WASINC has a new contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Helmsmen

WASINC has a new contract advertised on their website. Here are the bullet point details.

CRJ Captain - Expat Assignment in Beijing, China Posted: 6/13/2007 11:02:00 AMImmediate need for CRJ-200 Captains

Flying for: The Joint Venture between Shenzhen Airlines and Mesa Airlines (tentatively known as Kun Peng Airlines)

Minimum requirements:
• 500 hours PIC on CRJ-200, 700 or 900
• 3000 hours total time
• First Class medical

Domicile: Beijing, China (Working VISA provided by WASINC - any nationality can apply)
Base pay: $5700 per month (net)
Minimum Guarantee: 80 hours
Contract Term: First contract: 2 years. Subsequent contracts: 1 year
Benefits:
• Housing allowance: $1200 per month
• Contract completion bonus (payable upon contract completion)
o $3000 for first year
o $6000 for second year
• Worldwide Medical/Dental insurance
• Life insurance and Accidental Death and Disability insurance will be provided
• Annual travel allowance provided
• 9 days guaranteed off per month
• 30 days personal leave per year

Additional information:

• Kun Peng Airlines is a joint venture between Mesa Air and Shenzhen Airlines
• Chinese income taxes will be paid by the company. U.S. taxes will be based on off-shore (expat) status.
• International Medical Insurance Coverage is provided for you and your family anywhere in the world.
• Travel Allowance. The travel allowance covers employee, family, parents, or friends.
• Housing Allowance will provide for a western-style furnished apartment around 180-200 sq. meters (about 1900 sq. ft. with 3BR 2 BA). Housing assistance will include on-site property visits and assistance with lease negotiations.
• Interested persons will be considered for upgrade to B-737NG service at parent company (Shenzhen Airlines) upon completion of contract.
• Route System. Kun Peng Airlines will be based in Beijing, and initially include routes to 16 regional airports.

We are now providing COMPLIMENTARY membership to our website for pilots who apply for this job. If you are NOT a current member, go to this web address: http://www.wasinc.net/apply.aspx.

Could be a good deal or a bad one depending on your personal circumstances. I believe they will be at the next Climbto350 job seminar in Miami. I will post further details as they become available.

Helmsmen

Are you at SWA now? Are you doing this on the side or did you stay at WASINC?

Might be a "none of my business" type question--but I know you are good guy and hope either way you are having a good time.

Cheers....

Hello Albie;
I am currently with SWA. For two years I did part of the simulator evaluations for WASINC on the JALways contract as part of my Assistant Chief Pilot duties. When WASINC got this contract they contacted me to assist in their recruitment drive. So I guess you could say that I work for them as a Consultant or Independent Contractor. For this contract I will be doing telephone interviews and job fair appearences.

Nice to hear from you;

Helmsmen

Unfortunately not the same thing. The little bit of information that I have is that the PIC time in type is a must.

Helmsmen

The max age will be about 57 and 1/2 since China still has not increased the maximum age to 65. They are expected to increase it once the FAA finally implements it....

Hello Potrack;
Actually the conditions at the JALways contract is about average for most contract jobs that I have studied or heard about. My reasons for leaving had very little to do with the contract terms or our collective treatment as a pilot group within the JAL family of companies.
When I was with TWA I had flown a limited amount of long haul international flying and enjoyed it. However JALways is a solid diet of 8 to 11 hour legs and over time I found that I was just not enjoying my work like I used to when I flew domestically for TWA. I had always wanted to work for SWA and it was the only application I had kept active after starting with JALways. When they offered an interview followed by a position I felt that for the long term it was better for my wife and I. There were also family reasons why moving back to the mainland from Hawaii was becoming increasingly necessary. Although I did not complete the full term of my contract, I left WASINC/JALways under good terms and I think they are good people.

Helmsmen

Latest resources

Back