Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLARKGRSWOLD

New health plan out this week -

Pilots will pay nearly $1600 per month for health insurance !!! This doesn't include dental, vision or life insurance.

Holy S--- that is a lot. Is that just for the employee or family?

Either way, that's outrageous.

If new hires are competitive at other regionals over this. When you don't get paid anything at first year pay how can you expect to get insurance? I suspect JO wants all those low cost employees on Obamacare.

Either way, that's outrageous.

If new hires are competitive at other regionals over this. When you don't get paid anything at first year pay how can you expect to get insurance? I suspect JO wants all those low cost employees on Obamacare.

That's for the family / the "Cadillac" plan. Which is more like an old SUV with a Cadillac logo.

New health plan out this week -

Pilots will pay nearly $1600 per month for health insurance !!! This doesn't include dental, vision or life insurance.

I am unhappy about the insurance too, but I'm not sure that I would say this blanket statement fully represents the truth.

I'm noticing an over-generalization of the "facts" from Mesa pilots lately... Highlighting the worst aspects and passing them as the "norm". Things aren't great here by a long-shot, but what people post is definitely worthy of a grain of salt.

On the other forums someone stated that all of the 4-day trips are "13 to 17 hours". Yet I dont believe their are ANY 4-day trips worth 13 hours, and system wide there are far more trips worth more than 20 than there are less than 17. I don't think there were hardly any worth 17 hours... And yes I looked at both US and UA systems and only found a handful. While unfortunately most in the US system were between 18 and 19, that's a big difference from 13. Am I saying that these are things we should be proud of? NO! This place is far from great. But a lie/embellishment/intentionally misleading others is wrong regardless of however noble your "cause" or agenda may be.

That said, we have a lot of issues to iron out in this contract negotiations and I'm personally ready/willing to strike if/when that opportunity comes. But I'm tired of reading loaded statements from Mesa pilots. Seriously, some of you guys are as bad as the media.

Last edited:
1600? So what's a first year guy bring home then after health ins and taxes, 300 bucks? Something doesn't sound right.

Latest resources

Back