• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal Mart looking for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Dudley, I never posted anything about going to some "leftist" blog anyway. That was someone else that posted that.

I was commenting on your post about working for a union airline, also on the other poster that took a guess at my question to you.

So you do realize that the regional jobs are no better than Wal-Mart? Then why are you there? I assuming you are by your comment and profile. The pay that is being paid at the regional are being allowed by the unions. So remember that when you are in the food pantry line because you can not pay for food at those substandard wages, that you so excitedly agreed to work for just so you could fly a "jet".

I know unions lean towards the left, never said I agreed with that. I for one, being a dues paying union member, will never listen to them when it comes to politics.

Oh right, sorry, but you came to the guy's defense saying I better live up to what I was saying. I was just trying to point out that what I was saying wasn't that everything has to be union, just that unionized employees should recognize the difference and *certainly* not take the blatantly hypocritical position that inline did.

I didn't say regional jobs are the same as wal-mart, I pretty clearly said they are better... Regional pay could be better, but at most regionals you can be making 50-60k/yr within 5 years. Maybe that doesn't live up to aviation expectations of yesteryear at a major(and I would like to see wages go back up, and I believe we're seeing the first signs of a pretty nice upswing), but it is certainly a mile ahead of what wal-mart pays the majority of its workers. And all of this is comparing an industry that is just beginning to recover from the longest and sharpest downturn in its history (9/11) to the largest employer and one of the most profitable companies in the world(dur, wal-mart). I was just trying to cut off the inevitable swipe at first-year regional pay and a few of those bottom feeder regionals (like colgan, which isn't union... but, like I said, let's not go there.).

Last edited:
Hey Woogy, I have a cousin that works in a walmart store and I bet that he makes more than you. I flew for walmart for seven years. When I quit last year I'm willing to bet that I made more than you and the person sitting next to you in the cockpit combined.

I just heard that they start at 55k plus bonus at Wal-Mart. I would say that is not too bad for first year at corporate, plus you get typed right away. But hey you will be there in 5 or 6 years at your regional.

I just heard that they start at 55k plus bonus at Wal-Mart. I would say that is not too bad for first year at corporate, plus you get typed right away. But hey you will be there in 5 or 6 years at your regional.

Pretty sure getting hired on with wal-mart corporate and getting hired on with a regional are two completely different levels of an aviation career. That's like saying to a 250 hour fresh commercial pilot "hey, wal-mart pays 55k, but you're going to instruct for $15/hr instead? why?" Because we have to, that's why. You're going to have to spend those 5-6 years at a regional (or some other turbine job) before you get on at wal-mart corporate.

Hey woog wall mart just had its worst sales since the eighties.

If the pay is so bad why did 25,000 apply for a job in Chicago at ONE new store?
BTW IF and I mean IF they are low paid...well how much is no education worth? I tried it, was paid like crap sweeping floors so I went and got a degree. Now I'm paid like a turd to fly. A SHINEY turd at that.

Let's clarify here. Wal-Mart same store sales fell 3.5% compared with April a year ago. Same store sales measure the performance of stores that have been open for at least 12 months. That does NOT mean that those stores were not profitable.

By the way, Target, Wal-Mart's biggest rival, reported a 6.1% decline in same store April sales.

Last edited:
In case anyone cares:

Wal-Mart Aviation
Hanger #5 Hammerschmidt Dr.
Rogers, AR 72756

FAX: 479-621-2450

Email:
[email protected]

Whether we are hiring or not, if you are interested in a position, send your resume to any of the 3 above. If you want any facts, just not opinions PM me. I will give the good, bad, and indifferent. All departments have them, I don't care who you are.

PS. There is a hiring committee being put together.

In case anyone cares:

Wal-Mart Aviation
Hanger #5 Hammerschmidt Dr.
Rogers, AR 72756

FAX: 479-621-2450

Email:
[email protected]

Whether we are hiring or not, if you are interested in a position, send your resume to any of the 3 above. If you want any facts, just not opinions PM me. I will give the good, bad, and indifferent. All departments have them, I don't care who you are.

PS. There is a hiring committee being put together.

I thought you got fed up with Wal-Mart and quit several years ago? Are you back now or a different rebajetgirl?

Latest resources

Back