W2's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Working people are so cute.

Run off to their jobs every day. Rain or shine. Wondering how much the company is going to screw them.

Give 35% to our wonderful Government.

And then the CEO tanks the company, and walks away with more money in one shot than most make in their entire career.

Last edited:
164K 158 hours so far. Have to fly on the 30th so add a couple extra hours. Part 91 for over 10 years. You can have that 121 shizzle.

Finding out the true number of what a different pilots make can be the foundation of a path taken.

It's a valid thread until the insecure ones...complain about 'dick measuring'.

Plenty of low paid guys come on here (I've been there), and tell it how it is...which is humbling

You know the thread title...so move on.

Bring on the W2s

fv

Fair enough.. It does give people small snapshots of what different positions at different airlines pay. But the problem is the data pool is small and as always, past performance does not guarantee future results.

I understand why the thread exists. It's one thing to look at airline pay scales, and quite another to extrapolate into how that plays out into no kidding, real world life. Here are my stats for the year. I don't' have a W-2, but pulled my Dec 20th pay statement (last one of the year) to get my total. Here are my stats for 2013:

- 8 Year SWA FO
-- I live in domicile and am pretty senior on the FO list, which means I am able to get
some premium pay?which is time and a half. I do spend a few extra hours on the
computer each month looking to trade or give away trips and pick up better pay.
- Blocked 770 Hours
- Averaged 12.5 work days per month
-- Didn't add it up for precise numbers, but estimate I'm gone from home 6 to 9 days a
month.
- Was able to get every holiday, birthday and every significant event for my three kid's
sports and music activities off. Bottom line: I only worked the days I chose to work.
- Made $205,441 in income. The company put another $19,106 into my 401K, and I'll
will get profit-sharing next September based on how the company ends up doing which
is probably another 6 to 9 thousand dollars. I maxed out my 401K contribution at
$17,500.

Happy New Year All. Fly Safe and Enjoy our chosen profession.
Cheers,
Speed

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back