Virgin Atlantic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AeroDMB

Any info on Virgin Atlantic would be appreciated, pilot minimums, domiciles, training, etc. Couldn't find much on the website.

Thanks!

AeroDMB,

Try having a look on www.pprune.com. A couple of the moderators are current or furloughed pilots for Virgin Atlantic. I think, so don't quote me on this that they used to require 3000TT and you have to live in the UK. Since 9/11 they've furloughed a bunch of the 747-200 crews if not all. So I wouldn't think they'd be hiring for a while.

Kenny.

Most of my British ex-Royal Navy buds are furloughed from Virgin. You need a JAA licence to be considered and they will not be hiring for at least 1 year (imho).
One guy re-joined the military because they told him he would be on the street for 2 yrs min.
Personally I wouldn't bother, plus you need the right to live and work in the EEC.

As far as I know there is no stated hour minimum for Virgin. however you will definitely need a JAA Commercial / Frozen ATPL as a minimum as well as the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (a passport from any EC country will suffice for the latter requirement).

They parked most if not all of their B747-200 fleet along with a furlough of the related crews OUT OF SENIORITY.

It's a very popular place to want to work and they are alwayt totally swamped with applications.

As far as I know there is no stated hour minimum for Virgin. however you will definitely need a JAA Commercial / Frozen ATPL as a minimum as well as the right to live and work in the United Kingdom (a passport from any EC country will suffice for the latter requirement).

They parked most if not all of their B747-200 fleet along with a furlough of the related crews OUT OF SENIORITY.

It's a very popular place to want to work and they are always totally swamped with applications.

Latest resources

Back