• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From MB...about 20 pilots will be brought on line and another 10-20 to re-fill the pool.

Saw a demo on the narrow body 1st class lie flats for Transcons a legacy is installing. It is unbelievably cool. Huge IFE screens, One by one configuration, basically your own little room. The Business class is nearly comparable to VX's first but VX economy seats are still better, not that that matters. The only detractor is weight. Each lie flat cubicle is 6,000 pounds. Finding the right price point will be interesting but it looks like a game changer to me.

A lie flat cubicle may be heavy but it doesn't weight as much as a Ford F350 diesel dually. Your numbers are a bit off.

Maybe, I was too mesmerized by the shininess. Ha! But I'm pretty sure that's what was said.

So a UA777 with 30 lie flat seat has 180,000 lbs in the first 1/3 of the aircraft. I think your numbers are a little off.
What does a 320 weigh...........

Did they mention when interviews will be held or people would be contacted? Thanks!

I'd imagine soon. My understanding is they want classes in March and April. So they'll probably start contacting people later this month and in Feb and interview them.

From MB...about 20 pilots will be brought on line and another 10-20 to re-fill the pool.

Saw a demo on the narrow body 1st class lie flats for Transcons a legacy is installing. It is unbelievably cool. Huge IFE screens, One by one configuration, basically your own little room. The Business class is nearly comparable to VX's first but VX economy seats are still better, not that that matters. The only detractor is weight. Each lie flat cubicle is 6,000 pounds. Finding the right price point will be interesting but it looks like a game changer to me.

United has had PS service on transcons for several years. Now Delta and AMR are also fitting some aircraft with First and Business class seats to fly transcons.

British Airways has some A318s with 32 lie flat seats - that's it, just 32 passenger seats on the entire aircraft. It flies London City Center to New York.

I took the online test yesterday,what time frame is typical to find out if you get an email asking you to complete a questionaire?and secondly, are you advised if you were unsuccessful passing the online test?Thanks

Latest resources

Back