Vietnam Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vietnam

Does anybody know what the pay and working conditions are like.

They hire Captains and First Officers through three agencies; either PARC, Rishworth, or Euro-Pacific. I'm told the best is PARC and would tend to agree based on my experience with them. Pay for B777 Captain is around $12,000 month. Pay for B777 F.O. is around $7800 to $9000 month depending on the agency. Schedule is six weeks on, two weeks off with a Business Class ticket to any Vietnam destination of your choice.

They also hire on the A320 and B767, but I'm not sure about the pay rates on those aircraft.

They require 500 hours on type. Said to be one of the better operators to work for in Asia.

Previously upgrade was not an option, but that has apparently changed recently.

Typhoonpilot

Fly, looking at your profile I assume you are interested in the Airbus, for captains they pay $10,600.00 per month, tax paid, you work six weeks on and two weeks off, free travel on the Vietnam Airlines system.

Captains fly about 60 to 70 hours a month, home every night, mostly day flying, abot 120 expats flying on the various equipment, 777, 330, 320/321 ATR.

What is the atmosphere like at Vietnam Airlines? Where are most of the expats from?

What is the atmosphere like at Vietnam Airlines? Where are most of the expats from?
Atmosphere here is best described as laid back and friendly, there are so many expats here that they couldn't really function without us, we are the necessary evil. Needless to say, they don't really operate to any western standards, it more closely resembles a dodgy 135 operation. There is no company pressure to operate in any unsafe manor but for instance, no one ever audits the paperwork that is turned in from each flight, it could be thrown in the trash and no one would ever miss it.

Used to more Aussies than anything, now it's hard to say, literally from all points on the globe, around 120 expats in all. A new order for 42 more aircraft was just placed, so if you are hired here you can stay as long as you want.

Latest resources

Back