Usapa has to go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

olympus593

As an east guy, Usapa has to go, I can't tolerate loa 93 for another xxxx amount of year. Just my opinion. Somebody start a card drive to get alpa back.

ALPA would probably frac the vote and leave us union-less. But a new union with reasonable bipartisan leadership would likely deliver on what most pilots are looking for.

Agreed, How about a union ran on reality, not emotion, and that goes for both sides of the Mississippi. ALPA won't float, too much bad blood. Courthouse Cleary has ran his course.

There will be a card drive soon after Judge Silver rules this spring I would imagine. Any union will be better than USAPA but ALPA is the best option since a merger may be on the horizon. We will need ALPA's legal support because USAPA is flat broke financially and morally.

I think the vast majority are quite content to let it ride indefinitely. They have their DOH list, so far anyway. A fence going on 6 years now. Another year and attrition kicks in and all those upgrades go to east pilots. LOA 93 sucks but considering everyone was weeks away from unemployment in '05, not the worst possible outcome. And there is the growing belief that staving off nic. implementation 'till a possible AA merger might mean a do-over; a SLI starting from square one using the three lists.

No rush to dump USAPA. It is doing exactly what they intended it to do.

I think the vast majority are quite content to let it ride indefinitely. They have their DOH list, so far anyway. A fence going on 6 years now. Another year and attrition kicks in and all those upgrades go to east pilots. LOA 93 sucks but considering everyone was weeks away from unemployment in '05, not the worst possible outcome. And there is the growing belief that staving off nic. implementation 'till a possible AA merger might mean a do-over; a SLI starting from square one using the three lists.

winner winner chicken dinner

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. USAPA is broke not just financially and morally, but also structurally. You can try to reinvent the wheel again and form another "independent" union, but that takes time and would lack the resources to get things moving again in a positive direction.

The best course of action would be to follow the path that the FDX pilots did when they thought going independent would lead them to the promised land, and that's to realize that the experiment is a failure, and the best way to get back on track in the shortest time is to join ALPA again.

One of the main problems with the East pilots- convincing themselves of untruths. Isn't rationalization taught as a hazardous attitude. Ie: you know better, but are still falling prey to this emotional psych-trick.

Let's just say, the rest of the industry is NOT OK WITH THE EAST JUST LETTING IT RIDE- You're affecting everyone now that it's gone on this long- undercutting the entire f^cking profession- do you hear that?
Honestly, do you even know the groundswell of resentment building towards you industry-wide- the AA bk has made this stand intolerable.

And it's so stupid- you're giving up way more money than you'll ever get in receiving these short lived upgrades.

Latest resources

Back