• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So wait a second................you think that third listers are going to rise up and affect change to oust USAPA? And to further elaborate, you feel the third listers should do this because of USAPA's attack on the west?????

I hate to tell you buddy, but I can't imagine anyone with any sense, what so ever, is going to put their tail on the line in this manner. A tremendous amount of these third list pilots are probationary, and have no USAPA voting rights and are probationary or apprentice members. And to think that a probationary pilot is going to go around raving for the west, while in east cockpits is beyond loony.

By the time the third list pilots can vote on anything, USAPA will be gone, and the APA will be here to take over. I also haven't found anyone that thinks USAPA is staying around after the merger. I find it disturbing that you think I, in all of my probationary F/O power, am "salting the earth", and will pay for my sins when flying with a west crew member. I'm third list, and NEUTRAL..........how many times do I have to say it????? I simply WILL NOT GET INVOLVED IN EAST vs. WEST. Not happening- NO way, NO how.

I hate to tell you buddy, but I can't imagine anyone with any sense, what so ever, is going to put their tail on the line in this manner.
I hate to break it to you, but real unions (and unity among pilots) is all about putting your tail on the line for your fellow pilot. That you don't consider the west pilots to be your "fellow pilots" speaks volumes.

Probationary east pilots without a vote certainly are not held to the same standard as all other east pilots, but that doesn't mean they should accept being tarred with the USAPA stain and not try to affect change. But they (at least publicly) have not.

Many say USAPA will be gone once APA arrives, but that doesn't mean the same old idiots won't be re-elected in formerly east bases to gum up the works under APA. If you disagree, then why not recall the BPR and hold elections NOW to prepare for positive change under APA?

Elect folks who rationally know the truth about the impact of the Nicolau award and will work to rebuild what the previous administrations have destroyed. Elect folks who know the value of unity and who they are defending you against, not merely folks who can spin a durable boogeyman yarn. Elect folks who are committed to less litigation and more representation.

When crews are mixed east and west, there will be little if any social interaction outside the minimum required conversation. How this affects safety remains to be seen.

USAPA is a gang of poser thugs who rely on intimidation to cover their deficiencies. The new hires certainly have the power to build coalitions within the east pilot group to oust the folks who have cost so many so much. To prove my point, just watch what the APA/USAPA vote tally will be.

However they join in the apathy since they have nothing to fight for. The price of this apathy will be their guilt by association with the east pilots who backed USAPA.

Please, 3rd listers, spare me your stories of how much you hated USAPA. Try to have more pride in yourselves than that.

As a third lister, I used to feel for the West, the East pulled a fast one on you.
But after reading insults like this, F YOU, you can stick my support where the sun Don't shine.

I hate to break it to you, but real unions (and unity among pilots) is all about putting your tail on the line for your fellow pilot.

Lets remind everyone what our "West union brothers" tried to do in Nic's court room to their fellow pilots.

These high and mighty, self righteous, honorable, and so full of integrity knights of all things good, tried to have about 90 pilots removed from employment at US Airways. That is right this is not a typo or an embellishment, they decided, and argued in front of Nicolou that the most junior pilots on the property, (CEL pilots) should be removed from the list. Just to be clear I DO NOT mean placed at the bottom, I mean removed. Why you ask? The official West reason was that these pilots flew Turbo prop aircraft at their previous jobs and therefore were not qualified to fly jets. I am not kidding!!! The real reason is they just were trying any way possible to advance themselves in Nics court.
So keep that in mind when you read about how certain individuals think unions should be run.

You guys can spew thousands of times on these boards on how because you are not all captains your getting hosed, but you can't change history!
PS if anyone doubts what I have said just go read the West's argument to Nicolou, its all in black and white and no amount of web board BS will ever change it.

Last edited:
As a third lister, I used to feel for the West, the East pulled a fast one on you.
But after reading insults like this, F YOU, you can stick my support where the sun Don't shine.

Don't let one angry West pilot determine your opinion of the rest of the group. I think his wrath against the 3rd list pilots as a group is a misguided. There are however, a few among your ranks who have embraced the sense of entitlement and think the West side of the company is disposable. I think Bird isn't wrong unleashing his rants on them.

Lets remind everyone what our "West union brothers" tried to do in Nic's court room to their fellow pilots.

Complete misrepresentation equating to total fabrication. You are awarded zero points.

These high and mighty, self righteous, honorable, and so full of integrity knights of all things good, tried to have about 90 pilots removed from employment at US Airways. That is right this is not a typo or an embellishment, they decided, and argued in front of Nicolou that the most junior pilots on the property, (CEL pilots) should be removed from the list. Just to be clear I DO NOT mean placed at the bottom, I mean removed. Why you ask? The official West reason was that these pilots flew Turbo prop aircraft at their previous jobs and therefore were not qualified to fly jets. I am not kidding!!! The real reason is they just were trying any way possible to advance themselves in Nics court.
So keep that in mind when you read about how certain individuals think unions should be run.

You guys can spew thousands of times on these boards on how because you are not all captains your getting hosed, but you can't change history!
PS if anyone doubts what I have said just go read the West's argument to Nicolou, its all in black and white and no amount of web board BS will ever change it.

Speak the truth brother!!! The Westicles also want to get third listers fired for supporting Usapa!!! The west is the worst pilot group in aviation history!!!

Speak the truth brother!!! The Westicles also want to get third listers fired for supporting Usapa!!! The west is the worst pilot group in aviation history!!!

Well that's just great. The Gimp got out of his box in the basement again.

Complete misrepresentation equating to total fabrication. You are awarded zero points.

Spin spin spin,

All one has to do is read the west submission, don't believe me, or anyone awarding points, for cripes sake look it up for yourself and then decide who is telling the truth.

Please look it up.

Latest resources

Back