• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet DA-20 F/O starting Pay $52,000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Basically, u have to live within 10 miles of yip?
Nope, you can live any distance you want, you just have to be in front of the ops counter 30 minutes after you get the call. I live two miles from the field, makes the call out very easy.

You can't live in toledo and possibly be at the ops counter in 30 minutes.

so you are tethered to your residence for about 20 days a month, right? That residence has got to be close to kyip.

im not digging on it, just trying to understand

You can't live in toledo and possibly be at the ops counter in 30 minutes.

so you are tethered to your residence for about 20 days a month, right? That residence has got to be close to kyip.

im not digging on it, just trying to understand
exactly, you have to move or get a crash pad. Remember I am only the messenger, an hour to the ops counter would make it a much better place to work, but we might miss a trip and in this business that is a crime against nature. IFL and Kalitta I want a 20 minute call out, and they are having trouble finding pilot now days

It appears the dc9 pay scale is the same for fo's and cpt's...is that right? I can get 13 days off a month on the dc9? So if I fly a trip, return to yip, start crew rest is that considered a day off? If not, it sounds like a good deal. How much are u starting dc9 fo's at? Thanks

It appears the dc9 pay scale is the same for fo's and cpt's...is that right? I can get 13 days off a month on the dc9? So if I fly a trip, return to yip, start crew rest is that considered a day off? If not, it sounds like a good deal. How much are u starting dc9 fo's at? Thanks

The pay scale on Pilot Central is mixed up, it does not show 9 F/O pay.

Pay for DC-9 F/O?s is around $50,000/year. This is based upon a 45-hour monthly guarantee at $79.10/hr. There is also a trip incentive of $170 per trip, with an average of one trip per week or an additional $8840 per year. All over guarantee flying is paid at $79.10/hour. The company covers all hotel costs on the road and gives the pilots $1.90 per hour pre-diem while away from YIP to cover meals and incidentals.

It the situation you posted above that crew rest would not be part of a days off. Now they might extend that crew rest to 24 hours and call it a 24 duty free in seven days, but it would not count as one of your days off.

13 days off are bid a month in advance and are hard days off. The company will release you at 0600 on the your first day off, but more often than not they will release in the late evening the day before. If you are on the road they will buy you an airline ticket back to KYIP. If you are a commuter and the air fare to wherever you want to go is equal to or less than the KYIP airfare they will buy you a ticked anywhere.

Now if the company is busy they may try to bribe you into selling a day off by offering up to $1,000 to sell a day. A $15,000 month for a senior Captain who sells days is not unusual if we are busy.

To me, it seems a good.deal for someone who lives near kyip.
we are full up right now, but will probably have another class this summer for both DA-20 and DC-9 F/O's If interested PM me with an email address and I will send you a link to out on-line application site

20 minute call is basically airport ready reserve (sit at the airport, bags packed)... 30 isn't much better. I used to fly air ambulance out of there and even that had a 1 hour minimum call to takeoff time. No way some car parts are more important than the life of someone.

Let's clarify. Are you on duty at 0800 and sitting at home and let's say you get called out at 1200 then your duty day still started at 0800? Or are you on constant "on call" but duty doesnt start until called? Sorry i used to know Part 135 rules but I am sure it has all changed.

If duty started when available to be called it sounds good to me, you get to sit at home while on duty.

Latest resources

Back