• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to give each flier on ditched jet $5,000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of fur, anyone else notice the amount of fur coats that the pax going into D.C. for the inaguration were wearing?

I know, did a PBI to DCA and PVD to DCA legs on the 19th. Seemed like every liberal rich person in the world came out of the wood work and migrated to DC.

As to can birds be avoided in a commercial jet the answer is yes. I flew into Tegucigalpa, Honduras for seven years in a B757 and my number 1 concern was the thousands of turkey buzzards in the valley every day.

You have to give looking out the windscreen your ultimate concern below 3500 ft AGL. If you don't chances are you will hit one. They are everywhere. Even on final approach slow I have made major maneuvers to miss them knowing I may end up going around if I couldn't get back in the slot knowing how important it was not to hit one of those big birds. We had a couple of engines taken out by our company by flights but they can be avoided in most cases if you keep a vigilant lookout for them.

I have heard the posts saying it isn't possible, but it is possible to avoid birds with a commercial jet if you are looking for them before they fill up your windscreen.

Actually just flew with a dude who knows a chick that knows a dude who robbed a dude that said there was some 4legged creatures in the pit.

Speaking of fur, anyone else notice the amount of fur coats that the pax going into D.C. for the inaguration were wearing?

Well heck with a source like that you must be right!

Did I mention the beaver was my favorite animal?

As to can birds be avoided in a commercial jet the answer is yes. I flew into Tegucigalpa, Honduras for seven years in a B757 and my number 1 concern was the thousands of turkey buzzards in the valley every day.

You have to give looking out the windscreen your ultimate concern below 3500 ft AGL. If you don't chances are you will hit one. They are everywhere. Even on final approach slow I have made major maneuvers to miss them knowing I may end up going around if I couldn't get back in the slot knowing how important it was not to hit one of those big birds. We had a couple of engines taken out by our company by flights but they can be avoided in most cases if you keep a vigilant lookout for them.

I have heard the posts saying it isn't possible, but it is possible to avoid birds with a commercial jet if you are looking for them before they fill up your windscreen.

It's a lot harder to see birds when your nose is pointed 15 degrees up and you're working the flight director. On approach, it's a little easier.

"They bought their tickets, they knew what they were in for, I say, let 'em crash!"

Just think you could buy 2500 cans of pop on your next USS Airways flight with that 5k!

Right and ol' Geraldo is saying that the same issue was the cause of the dual engine failures on Thursday because the "AD" says so....FOOL

Latest resources

Back