• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways attending Aero Crew Solutions Job Fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try not to let your resume to WN that starts with "First Officer - US Airways 2012-2012" at the top, fall out of your briefcase during the interview, they'd view that as jumping the gun, rather than just being prepared and no one really likes nervous laughter.

Funny you mention that. I wonder if they are that smart at airways as to keep newhires from bidding the 737? I know the posting says it is for the 190, but others who were in class this year had reported that newhires had openings on the 190, 320 & 737. If I were a RJ Captain with a few thousand hours of PIC, I'd be gunning for the 737. Then you'd have they type AND actual time flying the thing. It certainly opens up that SWA door a bit further.

This appears to be management filling the pool with "poor poor pitiful me" newhires so they have cannon fodder to furlough during the next section 6.

US Airways New Hires

Funny you mention that. I wonder if they are that smart at airways as to keep newhires from bidding the 737? I know the posting says it is for the 190, but others who were in class this year had reported that newhires had openings on the 190, 320 & 737. If I were a RJ Captain with a few thousand hours of PIC, I'd be gunning for the 737. Then you'd have they type AND actual time flying the thing. It certainly opens up that SWA door a bit further.

There are many A-320 and B-737 positions in CLT, PHL and DCA as well as the E190 that went unfilled on the March 2012 bid.

The availible Airbus and Boeing positions will be filled with new hires starting with the February 13, 2012 class. Edit, the January 9, 2012 class has been canceled.

The following is from the latest USAPA update:

As many of our newly hired pilots in 2011 begin to come off probation and approach the release of their one-year seat lock, we suggest all pilots look at their Permanent Base Bid alignments to ensure you have properly bid. If you have questions, you can contact anyone from Membership Services or Scheduling Committees to ask for assistance. Please note that some of the 2012 New Hires will be going to Group 2 airplanes, along with the E190 in PHL.

Last edited:
With some of that in mind, I wonder if Airways will go back to not typing new hires?!?!? Anyone know if they typed the new hires in '07?

With some of that in mind, I wonder if Airways will go back to not typing new hires?!?!? Anyone know if they typed the new hires in '07?

The AB, 737 and E190 are used in some intn'l routes. So my guess is new hires have to be typed.

Type Rating

All pilots get a PIC Type Rating during the Initial Qualification Curriculim.

Remember, you are issued your type rating when you complete your LOE, but your training is not complete until you complete your OE.

Quit or do not complete OE and the FAA will take the type rating back.

Last edited:

I personally think your time would be better spent filling in the check airman box or doing some community service.

Wasting your time with something as sleezy as taking employment with a company just to get a 737 type or some time in the plane would be just that...a waste of time.

It WILL help HR realize what an opportunistic dirt-bag you are though.

At this job fair do you think they will interview and offer jobs on the spot or is this more of a meet and greet?

IMHO, All new hires are basically being hired as migrant workers. Once a contract is signed and fleet minimums are shed, they will hit the street, hopefully with the credentials necessary to land a better job. I'd ask about that before quitting the RJ gig.

Latest resources

Back