US Airways abuse of furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zeeman

Just on record US has furloughed more than any other major and is pressing on with the rest of plan. To date they have furloughed 973 of us and plan to go up to 1350!!!!!! To add insult to injury they have not even given us the jumpseat provilage for a year that we were promised and our medical is up in the air. As a result of their carelessness and negligence toward their former employees our union has no choice but to file greivances.(like that will change their mispractices of former employee abuse!!)In addition RJ talks broke because company will not comit to honoring no furlough protected guys and a call back schedule for the ones not protected!! What a joke of company. Recently I had the oppurtunity to compare notes with Delta guys and they have already been issued furlough Id's and have jumpseat privs. Way to go Us or is it useless!! Stay away from abusers

May I presume, then, that you will be resigning from USAirways in protest for this appalling treatment and moving on to a more deserving carrier?

Not to split hairs, but the actual number of furloughed US Air pilots is now 1073 as of the March 1.

Andy, why even respond that way?

Andy, I'm sure that most of us would have no problem resigning seniority for a good company. We're not idiots, though, and wouldn't resign out of protest. Would you?

Recently I had the oppurtunity to compare notes with Delta guys and they have already been issued furlough Id's and have jumpseat privs.

ZEEMAN, is this an actual fact??! DAL seems to be leading the charge on taking care of their furloughs. How can we confirm that this is a no kidding fact? The more companies that issue furloughed pilot ID's the easier it will be for the rest to follow suit. I'll try and get something going on the UAL end if I have some specific information. I've actually heard that USAir is further along in the Furlough ID process than UAL. Not true?

Thanks.

DAL does issue Furlough IDs. Furloughed crews are allowed to "jumpseat," but in the cabin only--if a seat is available. FAA regs won't permit them--as non-employees--to ride in the cockpit.

Actually, what DAL has done is provide unlimited S3B (non-rev) passes to their furloughed pilots in lieu of the jumpseat access. S3B is below "regular" non-rev's (S3A), but above the "buddy passes."

MD FO

Furloboy and MD80, have you guys been able to jumpseat with any offline carriers with these furloughed ID badges? I hear that SWA has no problem with jumpseating, just need an ID though. Sounds like the S3B's are a bit better than the BP8's that UAL is offering in 90 day increments...yours are unlimited.

An interesting aside for the DAL guys. I just nonreved this past week. When I pulled out my blue "furloughed loser" ID, both the gate agent and the captain offered me the jumpseat. I had to explain to them what the rules were. Seems nobody really has the entire picture.

Latest resources

Back