• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air type in the Hudson?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just spoke to a buddy of mind---controller @EWR said speed at touchdown was 172 KIAS....great job again!

Turns out Capt. Sully is also a certified glider pilot instructor..... if only the thermals were a little stronger he might have soared that thing all the way down to CLT! (Sorry that I'm a little biased but thats where a lot of the talent comes from.)

Whatever this crew did, it sure sounds like they did it right. Not too many people get to save 150 + lives in one shot. Amazing job.

He was...former F4 driver back in the 70's.

But I'm sure a 2000 something new hire at HP acting as Captain could have done a better job...just ask em...

And it took all the way to 13 pages for some dickhead to write a stupid comment like this.

unreal....round of applause.....
had it been me i would still be pulling the sheep skin out from the ol' sphinkter from all the pucker factor.....

nice job......

Might be a bad precedent, or a touchy subject, but we ought to consider passing the hat for this crew? Let's all throw in some $$ and get them some new cars or something. USAir mgt won't. Airbus won't either. Passengers don't care.

I know a lot of pilots have done remarkable things before, but I'm not sure this will ever be outdone.

Tell you what: we know the statistics, but when things like this happen, really makes me think what I'd do . . .and makes me want to study more!

Latest resources

Back