• Click here to read the July 2019 APDL and Logbook Pro Newsletter.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

UPS Airbus down in Birmingham

JokerFuel

Total Time
Good
Wake up tomorrow and it could happen to you. Death isn't a gender specific caller. There aren't words for some things in life. Sad day for all of us.

SHEEHANJ

Total Time
Look at flightaware.com it appears the plane dropped out of the sky. over 10,000 feet lost in under 2 minutes...

livin'thesim

Total Time
Flightaware is somewhat known for having inaccurate info in those sorts of situations, though.

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+
the "Talladega transition" on that GPS approach is a ********************ty design...

LXApilot

Owes More Than He Makes
Total Time
5 pm
I landed in BHM on Tuesday morning about this same time, 5am local. Work was being done at the far end of runway 6 and the last several thousand feet were closed and PAEW were working on that end. Temporary stop bar lights were located prior to the rwy 6/18 intersection. Not sure if runway 18/36 was affected.

Flightaware shows the airplane descending at over 5,000 fpm in the last few minutes but could be just an error on flightaware's part.

Thoughts and prayers are with all the family, friends and coworkers of these crew members. Back when I was a commuter airline pilot I was based in SDF and hitched a ride back and forth on UPS about twice a week; many times in the A-300. I found UPS to be a top notch organization and enjoyed meeting many of you.

Condolences on the loss of two of your own. I won't speculate- waiting for the NTSB to do their job.

dingo222

Total Time
.4 lol
"You" may think of yourself as just a taxi/bus driver here. Go peddle back to your GA boards...you are not welcome in a professional 121 discussion involving the loss of life of two professional airmen.
+1000. These arent taxi or bus drivers. They were competent, trained, educated and highly skilled aviators held in the highest regards by their peers in the 121 world. They held one of the most coveted and hardest jobs in the 121 world. We lost two fine aviatiors today. Please don't dumb it down or feed the clueless media by calling our peers " bus drivers." Have some damn respect for them and well as our profession. Godspeed.

GooseHZ

getting in the way
Total Time
I knew her. I put my name in her logbook.....she was my friend. some of your posts make me want to put a .45 APC in your F@cking head. I will be at her service...will you?

Last edited:

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+
Goose....reported to the authorities for further review...that appears to constitute a threat...

uba757

Total Time
Some of you guys are ##ING stupid and lack any type of respect!!!!!

RIP!!!

THEPRFCT10

Throttle to Thrust Lever!
Total Time
2500+
I knew her. I put my name in her logbook.....she was my friend. some of your posts make me want to put a .45 APC in your F@cking head. I will be at her service...will you?
Very sorry for your loss Goose. These forums have gotten terrible. I cannot imagine. Again I'm so sorry. ~10

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
Very sorry to hear. For a little while I thought it was someone I knew - also a female A300 pilot for UPS. The feeling was awful. I cannot imagine the pain you and her family, friends and other colleagues are feeling right now. My condolences.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
Look at flightaware.com it appears the plane dropped out of the sky. over 10,000 feet lost in under 2 minutes...
If it dropped out of the sky over the cockpit and forward area would not look like it did. I think that info is wrong. Just my opinion....

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
I cannot believe that some on here are already casting blame on the crew and the gender of the crew when nothing is known about the nature of this accident. A total lack of class, grow up!

SENECAII

Beware,Karma On Board
Total Time
8500+
"You" may think of yourself as just a taxi/bus driver here. Go peddle back to your GA boards...you are not welcome in a professional 121 discussion involving the loss of life of two professional airmen.
Yeah maybe I should,some of you guys seem like a real professional bunch here in regards to this accident discussion. :laugh:

When I posted about the female being on the tape I had no implication that it had anything to do with the crash other than description of the voice heard on the liveatc.net archive.As I said,i think females are better bus drivers.

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Total Time
I wish I could say RIP to this thread...does this forum still have moderators?

K.V.

Total Time
a lot
I cannot believe that some on here are already casting blame on the crew and the gender of the crew when nothing is known about the nature of this accident. A total lack of class, grow up!
I can't believe that you're so spring loaded to be offended that you'll simply make up bull$hit in order to do so.

Show me one post where anyone here has casted blame on the crew or gender, and I'll gladly retract my statement.

kommutrdog

Total Time
7200+
I wish I could say RIP to this thread...does this forum still have moderators?
No.

This forum is only about collecting advertising revenue and the occasional $10 sign-up fee for the owner.

It's become the Jerry Springer show of aviation message boards and ceased to be relevant a few years ago. I don't know why I even bother coming over here.

THEPRFCT10

Throttle to Thrust Lever!
Total Time
2500+
No.

This forum is only about collecting advertising revenue and the occasional $10 sign-up fee for the owner.

It's become the Jerry Springer show of aviation message boards and ceased to be relevant a few years ago. I don't know why I even bother coming over here.
Amen brother!

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

paid4training

Missing my family
Total Time
enough
Just my opinion, but pilots depend too much on inst during visual approaches. With this being possibly the second instance of visual approach issues, maybe visual approaches without inst assistance should be part of training during initial and recurrent.