• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

University of North Dakota

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My buddy went to UND looking to get his instrument rating and they made him use the gear lever like it really did something. It was his introductory flight with the school when the instructor told him he forgot something. It was the gear lever on the fixed gear Cadet. He has had some previous flight experience, and that was enough to turn him off to attending UND.

Is this guy really an instructor? You can have your Crapchise University or whatever you call it...Obdviously you don't know too much about instructing if you think practicing something is dumb. Wow. God help his students.

I don't know, man. Throwing a make-believe gear handle is kind of like doing a blow-up doll.

Don't get me wrong, I'd do it if that's how they wanted to teach it. But I'd still have to say something like "Make-believe Gear Up" every time I did it. YES, it's a good practice for habit's sake. But it's Gay, dude, Gay I tell you!

Notwithstanding, every grad of UND I ever met or flew with was impressively qualified even with only 600-1000 hours flight time.
Always a pleasure to fly with.

Oh, and TurboS7, do you have any pictures of your 22 year old blonde blue eyed daughter? Linguistics, huh? That implies mastery of the tongue, doesn't it?

Well, you started it.

Last edited:
Linguistics, huh? That implies mastery of the tongue, doesn't it?

Knowing what TuboS7's daughter does with her time, I think it implies that she can tell a guy where the bus stops in a couple of obscure languages, along with where he can go! :D

Wouldn't be the first time I've been verbally spanked in a foreign language.

Tref said:
Ahh UND... Los Forkes Grandes in January. Snirt. Buck night at the Down Under. The memories.

Frenchy's, Whitey's, The Antique and of course, great hockey.

As a current UND student, some of you guys are way off. First off, Bucks is no longer the bar of choice, the down under is on Friday for $1.50 pitchers. The weather still definitly sucks, its currently -3 with an 18 mph wind gusting to 35, giving us a -23 wind chill. But back to the origional question, UND is still a great school. it costs more than most FBO training, but you are doing it in a 141 environment, UND also costs less than most other aviation schools, all flight costs being equal, the tuition is far less than the others. If I remember right tuition is something like $4,000 per year for a resident and those living in bordering states, MN, MT, and SD. Also AWACoff was correct, if you live in the state of ND for 6 months you can gain residency. Oh yeah the gear levers. UND doesnt have any fixed gear aircraft with gear levers in them. In my 3.5 years here I have flown one of those equiped airplanes, and that was on my first flight. They have since gotten rid of the kadets and fly all new 1999 and newer warriors. Hope this helps. Jumppilot

For any of you current UND students, does Buzz Aldrin still have an office in CAS? I remember going up to talk to my academic advisor from time to time and walking by his office. In my 4 years there, I didn't see him once.:)

Buzz

cl-65,

Check your PMs. :)

I was thinking of going to this university until I saw the cost. Its not very far away from where I live, although I live out of the state (and the country at that) so it would cost a substantial amount more for me. I live just adjacent to North Dakota about 2 hours from Grand Forks (north in Canada), so its not too far. But would I be better off going to this university then going to a local flying school that has a program to get a BA of science in aviation through a correspondence course of the university of Utah? Its cheaper and closer. I wouldn't have to leave my home and my job which I don't want to do. I could do it here and keep my job and stay at home, but what should I do? By it sounds, if you go to this university, you will for sure get a big airline job later on, but can you get that with any university, even if its correspondence? This is an accreted program, but will it be recognized just as good as somebody graduating from Embry riddle or UND? How do you compare a small backyard flying school to a big national flying university? I want to stay at home and keep my job while I'm still getting my degree. Not only that but the cost to go here is a third less then what it would cost for me to go to UND.

Buzz Aldrin

Its been 2 years since I walked off the Alerus Center floor. . . degree in hand.

At that time, YES Buzz still had an office and I never saw him either. Wassup wit dat?

FO on the reset jet. (I like that!)

Latest resources

Back