• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United willing to fold Avolar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, lets hope that this Avlor gets some business but, as a close follower to the fractional market for the last few years these are my findings. First Avlor is marketing top shelf service, ask the business traveler what kind of service they get at United? Marginal at best. When people buy a jet they expect top notch service and I don't think that United and top notch should be used in the same sentence. Just my opinion by the way. Second Avlor started out by ordering all large cabin aircraft, before the lear and Beechjet orders. When the economy was booming in 2000, the 4 fracs only sold around 50 large cabin aircraft. Third they have no money as of yet for backing. Getting something going like this takes major cash, profits would not be seen for at least a few years, real high risk. 4th, with Netjets and Flight Options controlling the market Avlor would have to offer something new or major to get a market share. Like when Flight Options started 3 years ago they offered prevously enjoyed jets for 33% less than the compition. That was their thing to get into the market.
The last poster compared this to Jet Blue. Jet Blue had more financial back up than any start up airline ever! And I have heard that Airbus will give you a fleet of airplanes with no payments for 5 years. Also Jet Blue used southwest business model.

Lets hope that United finds an investor and it works. But if one is not found EJ and Options are hiring
good luck

You do have to wonder if management at UAl has any brain cells at times. Does this make sense; trying to get companies to buy shares of aircraft that cost anywhere from $20-$45 million and then say were not sure if we'll even start this operation. Even if we do, were also looking for someone else to take over a major share of the outfit. So a CEO has to decide whether to shell out big bucks on a company and have no real idea if it'll ever start up or who will run it. I think United needs to get a clue.

Latest resources

Back