Unions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airman2105

Teamsters and others are all the same. They work together. CEO will only work with certain unions is blowing smoke to fool u. He has that law degree remember?

Airman, spot on! It's always the same tired line: "we have nothing against Unions, it's just __________(fill in the blank) isn't right for you. If it were any other Union it would be fine."
Vote IBT Airline Division.

Was it here or somewhere else someone explained Mr. Ricci's take on the law?

Basically he said the whole premise of law was to EXPLOIT the gray areas. Whoever exploits it better wins the day.

On the other hand I heard he never passed the bar so maybe his interpretation is skewed.

Don't get me wrong. He is the reason there is a company for me to utilize as a tool to provide for my family. I am grateful and respectful of that fact. But I am also extremely cautious especially because he says and writes so many contrary things.

That said, I still see the biggest problem we have is this management team. They are the ones truly responsible for how bad things have gotten.

We have some abysmal management right now. But even if Mr. Ricci got rid of 100% of them who's to say the next round would be any better? A union is protection against unforeseen circumstances.

He is good at the grey area and is able to throw lots of money at it to win whether right or wrong. Where does that leave the poor guy trying to fight his case on his own. Let me call my friends for help....sorry guy, I'm on the 650 now so don't want to upset Mr Ricci. You have to fix that yourself....oh I've just been told you were wrong anyway.
thats why you need the professionals. The union. You have to have it because you need it. VOTE FOR REPRESENTATION NOW.

- - - Updated - - -

You could get fired because your body language changed, unknown to you but in their perception you are not the same guy anymore. One of them noticed it. The big six will decide your fate.

45.152 third (The Railway Labor Act)
Third. Designation of representatives
Representatives, for the purposes of this chapter, shall be designated by the respective parties without interference, influence, or coercion by either party over the designation of representatives by the other; and neither party shall in any way interfere with, influence, or coerce the other in its choice of representatives. Representatives of employees for the purposes of this chapter need not be persons in the employ of the carrier, and no carrier shall, by interference, influence, or coercion seek in any manner to prevent the designation by its employees as their representatives of those who or which are not employees of the carrier.

Management doesn't have the right to choose the labor representative and labor does not have the right to chose the management representative. The groups choose their representations and the law recognizes that choice.

And yet, we just got another bs email from none other than rh...smh

Each one of us needs to get one more vote besides our own. We have to win this election. We can't work here without a Union.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back