Union Christmas Present: MCBA retroactively in effect

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Imissmypilot

I have no doubt 99% of credit for the victory here goes to the IBT leadership but I can't help what wonder which one of the several huge mistakes management has made lately was the tipping point they are hoping gets lost in the hustle? Was it Big Dummy's slip that confirmed management collusion in the decert effort? Was it the egregious error of trying to capitalize on a colleagues death? Was it the outing of their plan step by step from the union busting manual? Was it the expected mutiny when the pilots started to find out management's secret ISL plan was going to screw them hard? Was it FW'S admission all he and Uncle are after is no representation? Was it another of the dozen or so I could choose from?

It's kind of comical. This MCBA is so management slanted it was a bit of an uphill battle for the IBT to sell and the pilots to be happy about. But Uncle's absolute defiance to do anything he doesn't want to do and refusal to honor it just turned this into a HUUUUUUUGE victory for the IBT. If management had just followed it from day 1, the union would still be licking it's wounds. Instead now we celebrate.

For a little while...

Next we have to give our negotiations team every bit of support we can.

Another next step is getting both management and the decert crowd to realize continued labor issues will hurt our ability to attract good pilots and new owners. The #1 reason to tell the decert crowd to STFU is it does nothing but prolong labor issues and that is a huge albatross around our necks. Now that it looks like management is starting to understand, maybe these a-holes will too.

Hey, it is Christmas... You don't think Double NN got a visit from old Jacob Marley do ya? Nah. That would be too good to be true. I'm sure he'll pick up the fight for decert again after the New Year brings us all amnesia of their horrible Autumn Hubris and missteps. Will the man-child throw another tantrum or will we get a record pace with the CBA negotiations?

The pilot shortage is killing us. Do you want to really fly with pilots Colgan rejected? Geez Louise. But who in their right mind, who employable elsewhere, come to OneSky right now in the middle of huge labor turmoil and ****ty terms?

Last edited:
Merry Christmas IMMP! Well said!

KR will Never Ever Negotiate in good faith. He said said that publicly. Probably one of the few times he’s ever told the truth. Things are not getting better this is just another calm before another storm. I hope this leadership is not dropping their guard. They have gotten B slapped every time in the past when they have before. The MCBA is a Joke. It was basically written by KR and stamped by a crook.

Even so it's a hell of a lot better than what the Flex pilots had before; Nothing!! Being an at will employee is not comfortable

If any of you know RD, he knows KR better that KR knows himself so he will never let his guard down.

You mean the union guy at the national? I don't know him but I've watched the same 60 minutes interview and read the same articles everyone else has. My only impression is he is a bulldog who's forgotten more about the secrets of the industry than a guy like me will ever know.

I heard he and Kenn met only once and it was a long time ago. So why all the vitriolic hate that is parrotted with equal disdain also by people who don't know him?

I'm guessing the answer lies in his effectiveness. RD might be the only person Kenn fears. So it's easier to eliminate him as a threat by targeting him as everything a conservative, honest pilot hates. The problem with that strategy is the more RD does to protect pilots and the more Kenn does to take advantage of us, that narrative is feeling a bit forced.

Kenn's biggest personality flaw is he just can't resist his impulses, especially regarding letting everyone know he's in charge. Problem is if you have to constantly remind people, then you're really not in charge anyway.

I have met RD and spoken to him a few times about issues and he is definitely someone who knows his stuff and makes KR (who seems to suffer from the small man syndrome and has to prove himself) back up and not want to speak. That's why he pushes his mob forward to courtrooms etc because he knows he is not clever enough to answer questions unrehearsed.
Its going to be his people talking to our people.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back