Unemployment pay by state?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I need to move

And I thought that Michigan was progressive....

This is actual knowledge, not hearsay........unfortunately......$300. week (before taxes). There is a rumor that it will be raised to $420. week.....I'll believe it when it is painted and has flown the first revenue flight....uh, I mean, when I see the check.

What a roll call!!

P.S. What eight?? Washington appears to be one...

Last edited:
Understand from a furloughed UAL guy that IL is only giving him $1275/month after taxes are taken out.

Iowa-- $283/wk pretax. Buys lots of corndogs!

To the poster re: application asking about unemployment...

Never seen that one myself, but unless it is a solid, reputable company, F-them. None of their business, but if you want to work there, suppose you'd better answer. Make sure your work history (10 year) matches. No gap in employment, but collecting unemployment...hmmmmm

I've got a few friends that raise an eyebrow when I mention I'm collecting unemployment INSURANCE. It's not the same as welfare-- we all pay into it. In my feeble drunken mind, to not collect would be like wrecking your car, and not collecting the auto insurance because "it's embarassing".

i got $225/week last summer from tn...after being terminated by comair during the strike. that was before taxes...

looks like that's second lowest so far. i'm surprised AZ is so low...

"I've got a few friends that raise an eyebrow when I mention I'm collecting unemployment INSURANCE. It's not the same as welfare-- we all pay into it. In my feeble drunken mind, to not collect would be like wrecking your car, and not collecting the auto insurance because "it's embarassing"."

You're right, unemployment is insurance and I agree with you. I think the employer (airline) is responsible for the premiums to the state gov't. I guess we pay for it indirectly. At least in MN it's variable - based on your income over the past year or so...

Last edited:
I have been grumbling...

.. to everyone I know, but I think this is a nice thread to vent in.

OK, so they keep saying the UNEMPLOYMENT figures are going down. Is it just here, or after the 6 months you are allowed to collect and you sell the house and move back in with the parents and are still not working, are you OFFICIALLY UNEMPLOYED???

Without the stipend, how do they keep track?
Bet the economy jumps RIGHT up in a month when all the 9/11 gang hits the 6 months...
Ok, you money pros, explain that for me!

(sorry, I will calm down.....)

Latest resources

Back