Unemployment pay by state?

PHX767

it's a dry heat
Total Time
3:45pm
This may be almost as much fun as the roll call thread. I bet all 50 states will be represented.

How much does unemployment pay in your state?

Arizona - $205

bestdad

Total Time
Some of the airlines ask in the hiring process if you have ever filed for unemployment. I never have but does anyone know if they frown upon you if you have?

pappy

Total Time
Maryland pays $280.00 per week. I'm talking from first hand experience.:(

pappy

pb4ufly

Just a Member
Total Time
Jesse Ventura "aint got time to bleed" so he pays $452/week

RichardFitzwell

Total Time
Livin' large in PA

Pennsylvania pays a maximum of $430.00 per week which works out to be close to $385.00 after taxes.

I'm not sure if I should buy the Corvette Convertible or the Porsche Boxter S. Any thoughts??

R.F.

C5 Guy

Total Time
California: Now up to a whopping $330/week

Magic

Total Time
>0
Washington

Collecting $478/week from Washington. I've actually been getting $430/week after tax withholding but think I'll get most of that back since my income last year was pretty grim. Looks like I'm the one to beat so far......

falcondriver

Total Time
Texas pays 333.00. This is the first time I've ever had to file for unemployment. What fun.
FD

Lindy

Total Time
I need to move

And I thought that Michigan was progressive....

This is actual knowledge, not hearsay........unfortunately......$300. week (before taxes). There is a rumor that it will be raised to $420. week.....I'll believe it when it is painted and has flown the first revenue flight....uh, I mean, when I see the check.

What a roll call!!

P.S. What eight?? Washington appears to be one...

Last edited:

Boz

Total Time
16000+
Understand from a furloughed UAL guy that IL is only giving him $1275/month after taxes are taken out.

bin LAAidoff

Total Time
Iowa-- $283/wk pretax. Buys lots of corndogs!

To the poster re: application asking about unemployment...

Never seen that one myself, but unless it is a solid, reputable company, F-them. None of their business, but if you want to work there, suppose you'd better answer. Make sure your work history (10 year) matches. No gap in employment, but collecting unemployment...hmmmmm

I've got a few friends that raise an eyebrow when I mention I'm collecting unemployment INSURANCE. It's not the same as welfare-- we all pay into it. In my feeble drunken mind, to not collect would be like wrecking your car, and not collecting the auto insurance because "it's embarassing".

Anaconda

FLY ARMY!
Total Time
Low!
i got $225/week last summer from tn...after being terminated by comair during the strike. that was before taxes...

looks like that's second lowest so far. i'm surprised AZ is so low...

pb4ufly

Just a Member
Total Time
"I've got a few friends that raise an eyebrow when I mention I'm collecting unemployment INSURANCE. It's not the same as welfare-- we all pay into it. In my feeble drunken mind, to not collect would be like wrecking your car, and not collecting the auto insurance because "it's embarassing"."

You're right, unemployment is insurance and I agree with you. I think the employer (airline) is responsible for the premiums to the state gov't. I guess we pay for it indirectly. At least in MN it's variable - based on your income over the past year or so...

Last edited:

flyboysgal

from the gang at home
Total Time
plenty
I have been grumbling...

.. to everyone I know, but I think this is a nice thread to vent in.

OK, so they keep saying the UNEMPLOYMENT figures are going down. Is it just here, or after the 6 months you are allowed to collect and you sell the house and move back in with the parents and are still not working, are you OFFICIALLY UNEMPLOYED???

Without the stipend, how do they keep track?
Bet the economy jumps RIGHT up in a month when all the 9/11 gang hits the 6 months...
Ok, you money pros, explain that for me!

(sorry, I will calm down.....)