UAL recalling F/A's!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MAK

Heard this yesterday from our flight attendants. Finally found a credible news source to verify it:

United Airlines To Recall 1,200 Furloughed Flight Attendants

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 21, 2002--United Airlines (NYSE: UAL) today said that due to its increased April schedule, it will recall an additional 1,200 of the 2,700 United flight attendants who were furloughed last fall. This brings to 2,000 the number of flight attendants recalled since January 31. United announced earlier this month that it would add 127 flights to its April schedule in certain markets and would recall some flight attendants and furlough fewer pilots, thanks in part to slightly stronger customer demand.

"Slowly people are returning to air travel," said Larry De Shon, United's senior vice president - Onboard Service. "And while we still have a long road ahead of us, United is very happy to recall more than a thousand of our flight attendants."

The 1,200 flight attendants will return to active flying status on April 1 based in the following domiciles:

-- Boston 55

-- Washington (Reagan) 76

-- Denver 54

-- Newark 52

-- New York (JFK) 164

-- London (Heathrow) 21

-- Chicago 435

-- Philadelphia 9

-- San Francisco 334

United Airlines offers about 1,700 flights a day on a route network that spans the globe. News releases and other information about United Airlines can be found at the company's website, www.united.com.

I also read an article today, I believe it was the Denver Post, that stated that UAL HAD planned to furlough 1200 pilots total but that the number will now be lower. I hope they cancel the 251 slated for March 2.

Ya me too, Unfortunately the 253 slated for March will not be so lucky, and according to Steve Forte there will be an announcment in early March for the next round of furloughs. Hopefully they will reconsider both of these, but I personally can't see the March furloughs being reversed, but you never know with UAL what they are actually planning.

Sorry Ualexpress...

Not quite accurate on the numbers. We currently have 591 pilots on furlough. The "plan" called for an additional 1200 pilots to be furloughed this year. This would have brought the total number to 1791 pilots.

You're correct that the final number of furloughs will be significantly less (than the 1791). Steve Forte said the numbers should be out early this coming week. We'll see.

Cheers!

GP
Purple is a fruit!

Latest resources

Back