• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA to charge UAX employees per segment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You need just made TOTD. The pilots have the power to stand-up to management and make a positive difference for all the employees of the company, sadly the only thing management seems to understand is numbers.

Step down from your horse. Pilots have no power. And how does wasting money in a world where everything is about the bottom dollar help make a positive difference for all employees? costs go up and guess where the contracts go?

And this is why the pilot profession is now just a job. You forget without pilots, airlines are out of business, immediately. Until airlines realize that the process is about equilibrium, if they decide that they want it all, they can reap the results. Every pilot from day one is taught to conserve resources and to monitor said resources, it goes against the very essence of the pilot DNA to waste said resources and as such management knows this and exploit it. Wanna get even, hit them in the wallet, fuels are aprox 40% of an airlines operating costs, brake wear is significant as well. These are discretionary usages that a pilot can modulate. I will be flying as low as I can, and the first available turn off will be aimed for. If you wanna roll over and stick your bu*t into the air, go for it, for me game is on! My cost index selection is now switched to extreme max.

It doesn't matter how you fly (fuel-wise) if you are at a regional. Rest assured, United can easily not renew your contract if certain costs (fuel) keep rising up due to pilot usage "error."

Step down from your horse. Pilots have no power. And how does wasting money in a world where everything is about the bottom dollar help make a positive difference for all employees? costs go up and guess where the contracts go?

Settle down over there! What if you had to fly all over the country , begging for a ride, just to get to your crappy job.Then they charge you on top of it. Lighten up Frances!

It doesn't matter how you fly (fuel-wise) if you are at a regional. Rest assured, United can easily not renew your contract if certain costs (fuel) keep rising up due to pilot usage "error."
I am ok with that. I am ready to move on, to a major or out of the industry altogether.

Sorry but I hope somebody figures out who you are and watches you. If you intentionally waste money on the job you should be fired. Pilots are not the only employee at an airline that is important. Shut up and fly the f-ing plane. If it sucks so hard quit.
Spoken like a true management troll, "shut up and fly the f-ing plane" how 'bout, no.....fly it yourself chimp.

Easy, Trigger! You don't want to get the old man started again. But seriously, if they are going to make the pilots and flight attendants pay to commute, then I'll support whatever course of action they choose to go with (with safety paramount, naturally).
Thanks,
Just add 300 lbs to every release, 1.5 pax get to stay home, UAL will figger it out after awhile, or not, who cares.

Thanks,
Just add 300 lbs to every release, 1.5 pax get to stay home, UAL will figger it out after awhile, or not, who cares.

You know with your mentality, I am willing to bet your charming personality at restaurants has allowed you to enjoy a few snot rockets compliments of the chef...

You know with your mentality, I am willing to bet your charming personality at restaurants has allowed you to enjoy a few snot rockets compliments of the chef...
Is the avatar a picture of your kids? Or is you and one of your buds?

Latest resources

Back