• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airlines may shed regional carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me guess, isn't this the same analyst who endorsed Enron as a good buy ?? Analyst are a dime a dozen.

I don't know about AA or Continenetal, but Delta will not be selling ASA or Comair. Once the ASA contract is in place both ASA and Comair will grow at an unprecedented rate.

What about scope ??

Its dead dead dead dead .

q

Let me see if I can give an example that makes the correct correlation.

An airline that has contracts with American and is not restricted from flying for others is worth considerably more than one which is

A closed ended airline restricted from growth depending on what is going on at American and has contract provisions that can send people from American to it at will.

In the first, the value is marketable to others, in the second only as a valued part of American.

We will get some idea fron the sale to the public of COEX and JetBlue

skydiverdriver said:
I think Delta learned a lot from the strike, but not the fact that they shouldnt' own their most profitable division, but that they should treat them better, for everyone's benefit.

Delta learned a lot, but it wasn't to treat us better. They learned to CYA when it comes to union busting. They learned to be sure to not put all your eggs in one basket. They learned not to call a bluff if they weren't prepared for it to be real. They learned that whipsaw is the most valuable tool in union busting. They learned that a regional really CAN inflict pain on them.

They won't make the same mistakes with ASA. They will stonewall us in negotiations, move Skywest, ACA, and Comair onto our routes (already happening), and set us up for "checkmate" if we don't take concessions.

Since I didn't get any replies to my own thread about this disaster in the wings, anyone on this thread care to give their opinion?

What happens to the CAL guys who have displaced CALEX pilots ? Are we now talking about pilots who work for an entirely different company then leapfrogging back into CAL ?? Do the displaced CALEX guys get first crack at the new airline or are they in the mix with everyone else?

Re: q

An airline that has contracts with American and is not restricted from flying for others is worth considerably more than one which is

A closed ended airline restricted from growth depending on what is going on at American and has contract provisions that can send people from American to it at will.

In the first, the value is marketable to others, in the second only as a valued part of American.

This assumes Eagle, or any other wholly owned regional, has the management to stand alone. Don Carty, CEO of AMR, runs the show at Eagle. AMR provides the financial backing in terms of being able to negotiate fuel prices, gate space and aircraft leases, just to name a few of the big ticket items. Not to mention cash. I just don't think our management could do it alone.

That said, I don't believe Eagle would be spun off as long term problems would over-ride any short term benefit. Today is the last day we have 34 seats in the Saab. Starting March 1, anyone that sits in row 14 is to be considered "unruly" and will be removed from the aircraft. These kinds of "band-aids" will be used untill AA/TWA finishes recalling their pilots. Unless, of course, AE was merged into AA. <sigh>

Latest resources

Back