• non-flying job

Votes: 102 19.0%
  • still out of work

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
Title 10 activation with the ANG. #2.

CLAMBAKE

psysicx said:
But to become a CRNA don't you have to have a certain amount of experience before you go to grad school?

Yes. For example, LSU requires one year of critical care nursing prior to admittance.

psysicx said:
Is critical care nursing working in the ER or can be doing surgrey?

aacn.org defines critical care nursing. The settings can be any kind of ICU, cardiac care units, telemetry units, even outpatient surgery clinics. I'll check with the CRNA schools I'm interested in to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I apply. That bridge is still 2 years down the road for me, though.

psysicx said:
Do you plan on going to the airlines?

You mean going back to AA? Probably, if the job doesn't suck when they call me. But even though I have only 300 or so furloughees above me, I seriously don't expect the call any time in the next 2 years. When they do call back, I plan on putting them off long enough to get my CRNA degree (contractually I have 3 years to delay reinstatement before they forget about me). That way if I get furloughed again it won't affect me much. The days that I lived in fear of a furlough are over.

Hey MachPi...

Got a quick question for ya?? I too have just been furloughed. I have a Science background and degree in Biology. If I were to look into anesthetists as a career,
how long would I have to go back to school. Assuming my degree was credited towards the requirements, could I realistically be qualified in 2 - 3 years or am I also 6 years away???? Just wondering but very curiuos!!!!!
Thanks in advance

Rock

MachPi

Smartest thing you ever did. CRNAs in the area where I live can clear up to 150K OR MORE per annum. I also know of one down in NC who's salary was raised in a bidding war between two transplant surgeons to around 250. Nice.

Latest resources

Back