Votes: 260 48.3%
  • Military (active, guard, or reserve)

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • non-flying job

Votes: 102 19.0%
  • still out of work

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
Nope, not officially laid off until tomorrow!

You are looking in the wrong places. Tons of jobs overseas that would kill to have you. Rishworth, HACS, PARC, WASINC, IAC Global. I have turned down Korean Air twice because I have found work closer to home. Pay is good overseas, you just have to be willing to be gone for a couple weeks at a time

I second that! If you are willing to go overseas there is work. Viva Macau is recruiting for people with your experience. I am not sure about commuting to Asia. I think that might be too tough on the body. Europe is a breeze from the states in comparison in my opinion.

Cheers- rum

Hi!

I have been overseas since last year. Currently flying a DC-9 as FO based in Lome, Togo. I am sending home about $7500/mo.

There are a LOT of overseas jobs, especially for capts typed in a modern jet, or a turboprop. Pay in Eastern Africa: Caravans $60-$70+ per year, twin turboprop capts $8-$20K/mo....mostly $10-$14K/mo.

cliff
LFW

Lots of experience, out of work, No unemployment, no prospects, wondering what the purpose of all this effort is to bring?

Basically, depressed and burned out!

Latest resources

Back