TWA's 717's going to Airtran????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ultrarunner

Midex Check Airman have been reported as saying that Airtran is now going to get the TWA 717's, and that the two 717 classes for Midex, scheduled for January, have been cancelled.

Anyone out here any scoop on this?

Rumors around ATL (and I stress the word "rumor" until I see it for myself) is that we worked a deal with Boeing for TWA's 717's and the St Louis sim. If it comes into being we'd get 30 planes in 2002 and hiring would be about 40 a month. Word is that this is coupled with more gates out of BWI, so it looks like some major expansion in the east. Only time will tell, but we already hired 45 new hires into the 717 and for 12 for the -9 for Dec/Jan. So training seems to be ramping up to match the latest from the grapevine. :)

Wouldn't suprise me one bit to see ME once again blow a golden opportunity for some descent aircraft. I think when Tim gets up in the morning he has a difficult time trying to figure out which pant leg to pull on first. All I know is that after 3 years of dealing with this moron, I finally put my app. in with Airtran. And yes I did have a friend reccomend me. By the way ultrarunner, did you see that once again Timbo has given Skyway more routes and additions. Take my advice ultrarunner, get the heck out of there as fast as you can. I'll have to get the scoop from our new cheif pilot he likes to blab.

One feed up ME pilot.

Well Devine9driver, I've only been there 6 months, 8 if you count my furlough time, and I'm almost at the same level of frustration as you are. If indeed the 717's go to AirTran I will officially join the "Tim for impeachment" club. Can't believe it, it's like I've been saying, it seems as though there is someone internally (Tim, Ken, the list goes on) that is determined to drive the place right into Lake Michigan! Oh well, I REALLY miss the resume game. Good luck to all.

Furloughed, Frustrated, Fed Up....pick one

Just emailed my resume to AirTran dc9driver. We'll see what happens. Heck, the way I see it, it's all about choice. I can't turn down what's not offered.

Airtran will take delivery of 3 717's this month, they have told boeing that they may be able to take 30 next year. Hiring is predicted at 260 pilots, and several new cities next year. Sure we have our issues like every one else, most of our problems stem from growing pains, thats why I don't mind. The CEO Joe Leonard knows how to run an airline. If you want to come here, now is the time to get on.

Good luck,
Fletch

I was almost positive about returning to YX, that is until this post regarding the 717s. I have spoken to pilots at YX and the morale is low. Go Figure!!

I'm sending my stuff to AirTran. Maybe I'll see you in ATL (vs MKE) Captain Over & Ultrarunner!!

Things have certianly improved at AirTran in the almost 4 years I've been here. If intrested, search AirTran for my previous posts.

Some words of caution though.

The company (namely Klaus Goresch, VP flt. ops.) is choosing which sections of the contract he likes and which he doesn't. Grievences are flying and the union is doing a fine job of settling them in the pilots favor, it's just frustrating that's all.

Overall thing are good, much better than it's been in the past. Moral is at the highest I've seen. Look for new cities/equpt announcements in the very near future.

Latest resources

Back