tsa clearance for non us-citizens

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

I just submitted my application today through the website flightschoolcandidates.gov, How long does it usually take before i get an approval email to start my training with the school??

How long does it take between the application submission and the fingerprinting request?

Thanks a lot for any info. I start to freak out about the time it can take before getting approved.

I know your feeling about TSA

Hi,

I submitted my training request May 03 and sent my fingerprints May 13th. I am waiting final approved E-mail until now. I called and asked how long they need; they said they have no idea. I should finish my training by 10th of this month,,,,, it never happens!

waw! thta's a long time.......The school told me it should be between 2 weeks and a month....

Any more testimonies???

hmm..... it depends. I take it you guys are expecting training on a large or turbojet powered aircraft?

Otherwise there is no waiting for approval. As soon as your instructor confirms you arrived at the school and sends in your picture you are free to start training. If a red flag pops up, the TSA will contact the school and tell them to stop your training.

As for large or turobjet aircraft, you will need to wait until you are approved.

I have submitted fingerprints on 23rd May and I will be done ground school in two days. If my background checks do not come back by then, I might have to re-schedule sim training after 23rd June again. I was told by TSA that usually most requests are approved within two weeks after receiving the fingerprint receipt...but that doesn't seem to be the case.... I guess I will have to fly back home for a couple of weeks and then come back again to complete the rest of the training...

Somewhat along the same lines...I am going to start flying with a guy who got his license in Pakistan back in the early 80's. He is, and has been, an American citizen for quite some time. Does anyone know what it takes to convert a foreign license to an FAA certificate? If anyone could point me in the right direction for some more info I would be very appreciative.

Latest resources

Back