Tricci Ricci Rides Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Imissmypilot

I'm very curious about management's recent push to expand the red label waiting list, including now weekly updates on the waiting list despite no movement into actual aircraft deliveries. Additionally, our company seems to be very good at creating fake news and awards to plump up the success of a phantom, unquantifiable program. I see it as another step on the ladder to spinning off Red Label as a seperate company which is what Kenn has wanted all along.

While there are many conversations we can have about Red Label, we cannot continue to ignore the obvious one: the neccessity of a Flexjet flush prior to SLI to subvert Ricci's move in that direction.

The problem Ricci has created with Red Label hurts the average Flexjet pilot much more than any Options pilot. A lot of attention is being paid to the unfortunate circumstance of Options pilots who don't understand SLI threatening seat takeovers and Flexjet pilots who don't understand SLI believing them. But there in lies a bigger problem.

There's 3 magic words that should calm everyone down: NO SYSTEM FLUSH. But actually no system flush is a huge problem the SLI committee never could have anticipated 2 years ago. No system flush means there will be pilots getting paid as Captains for years before their seniority holds it and as a result, creates career FO's out of guys hovering around their same seniority number.

There should be a provision in the contract or SLI to "right" the Flexjet seniority list prior to implementation. On the Options side there should be a provision to right the Options list to accommodate "righting" the issue of pre-fence transfers as well.

Allowing Red Label to spin off is the death nail for whatever FlexOptions company is left in it's wake. And if we enter into this MCBA with these loose ends, I guarantee you it's not decertification we will be crying about in 6 months. From what I hear, it's possible the union is falling into the trap of making competing arguments regarding parallel operations/innovative operations and undue burden.

I've expressed my concerns to leadership and they have said it's not a relevant issue. I disagree. The only way to beat a guy like Tricci is to think just like him. To do so requires you to admit he will do anything and everything to 1.) get rid of the union 2.) recreate Corporate Wings on a billion dollar scale. When you think about it, fractional was never Kenn's vision. He was goaded into by some weird dick measuring contest with Richard Santulli and forced to move in that direction. But Red Label *is* his vision. Red Label is what he always wanted Corporate Wings to be and that's why he keeps trying the model.

The union must force some corrective lense or we will all be in trouble. Unless you're Red Label that is...

In exchange for NO SYSTEM FLUSH, there must be just compensation for those that were wronged, be it by bypass pay or a virtual bid, where you get paid based on what you could hold.

Last edited:
I agree.

According to Ricci's Red Label plan, technically anyone anywhere could hold a Red Label spot. That means all should get bypass pay, right?

Since there is no inherent difference between regular line and Red Label AND the company wants to continue to claim such extreme success, then in essence the arbritrator should see the market will bear a Red Label pay scale for all pilots and still see company growth, right?

Listen I don't care: bypass pay or fence flush before SLI but going forward allowing cheaters to get away with it is not right and will not be tolerated (even by some of the cheaters oddly enough).

RL is nothing but a FOK club that is willing to break the rules. If you are willing to go over 14 hours, but not over 16, you will not be "qualified". So these long duty days are going to lead to pilots falling asleep in the cockpit. Why can't the Flex pilots get an LOA for representation? Because if you are a Flex pilot flying with a guy that falls asleep all of the time, you will be SILENCED!

Latest resources

Back