Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't follow

Let me break it down for you.

Your position seems to be that the cost of union pensions are too high and should be cut back or maybe even eliminated because the American Auto Industry is struggling to stay afloat economically. In the same breath you are outraged that the Federal Government may consider reducing your retirement benefits sometime in the future because, just like GM, they also are running huge deficits. My question remains what makes you so special that you should be exempt from your own logic when it comes to retirement costs?

In other words, if you are willing to support cuts for that UAW worker then shouldn't you also have no problems with accepting the same in kind when it comes to your own retirement package? Seems to me what's good for the goose should be good for the gander, No??
New poster I see, welcome to FI. Throwing stuff from behind a screen name, feels kinda good doesn't it, later on throw in a little name calling, character assassination and you will be in classic FI form at home. Anyway, where have I ever said that I felt my military pension was untouchable? I have only said when a burden becomes unbearable, for whatever reasons an entity, private Corp, or gov't unit can declare BK and do what is necessary to protect itself. GM did this, the city of Pontiac did this. The Fed gov't unlike state and local has the ability to print more money which is part of the problem. BTW There is story going around that he gov't is spending like drunken sailors, I know that is not true having spent time with drunken sailors. Drunken sailors stop spending when they are out of money.

Latest resources

Back