• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shanes123

Flight Options places $150 million order for 40 aircraft

Story Too

CLEVELAND (AP) - Private travel operator Flight Options said Tuesday it placed a $150 million order for 40 aircraft from Nextant Aerospace.
The company said the planes would reduce fuel and maintenance costs and let it cut hourly prices by one-fifth, to $3,975 per hour including fuel.
The 400XT is a remanufactured Hawker Beechjet 400A/XP with new engines and avionics. Nextant said the planes would be delivered over five years, starting with eight next year.
Flight Options sells partial plane ownership, leasing and aircraft management. It operates more than 100 aircraft.

Last edited:
Flight Options places $150 million order for 40 aircraft

Story Too

CLEVELAND (AP) - Private travel operator Flight Options said Tuesday it placed a $150 million order for 40 aircraft from Nextant Aerospace.
The company said the planes would reduce fuel and maintenance costs and let it cut hourly prices by one-fifth, to $3,975 per hour including fuel.
The 400XT is a remanufactured Hawker Beechjet 400A/XP with new engines and avionics. Nextant said the planes would be delivered over five years, starting with eight next year.
Flight Options sells partial plane ownership, leasing and aircraft management. It operates more than 100 aircraft.

So, is it confirmed that FLOPS has cancelled its Phenom 300 order? The entire order or just partial? I thought 1-2 were already flying... I'm not surprised that they are helping Ricci with his project. Didn't the FLOPS CEO say that the Phenom 300 would be a "game changer"????? What's the story? Phenoms or no Phenoms going forward?

And this is a surprise?? Anyone with any Ricci knowledge should have anticipated this. If management thinks the 'new' Beechjets are going to compete with the Phenoms they are suckin the crack pipe again.

And this is a surprise?? Anyone with any Ricci knowledge should have anticipated this. If management thinks the 'new' Beechjets are going to compete with the Phenoms they are suckin the crack pipe again.

Yep. No surprise at all.

As far as competing with the Phenoms goes, look at the numbers. Understand the 400XT isn't yet certified, but even if it comes close to meeting it's range and speed goals it will out perform the Phenom 300 - at roughly half the acquisition cost. Is it a gamble? Absolutely. Is it one that could provide a big payoff Ricci? You bet. But then that's how he rolls.

True or false?????

So, is it confirmed that the Phenom 300 order has been cancelled? Yes or no? If so, what will they do with the 1-2 they are currently flying?

So, is it confirmed that the Phenom 300 order has been cancelled? Yes or no? If so, what will they do with the 1-2 they are currently flying?

I was under the impression they had already turned them in. Just rumor on the road though...take it for what it's worth.

Raytheon just announced an upgrade for the beechjet.

From AIN Online: <-- Click to view article
"Hawker 400XP Upgrade: 
The company also announced a high-performance retrofit upgrade for the Hawker 400XP, featuring winglets, new Williams International FJ44-4A-32 engines and optional avionics and system enhancements. The Williams engines replace the original Pratt & Whitney Canada JT15D-5Rs. Among the other performance improvements, the upgraded 400XP will be capable of climbing to FL370 at maximum weight in 12 minutes, seven minutes faster than the current 400XP."

It probably won't compete with the Nextant version on price, but it sure reaffirms their design concept.

Last edited:
I was under the impression they had already turned them in. Just rumor on the road though...take it for what it's worth.

Wow - shame for the FLOPS pilots who were actually flying the Phenom 300. That's got to be a bitter pill to swallow. I am sure they were looking forward to getting out of the Beechjet for good. Although the new version is supposed to have a more updated PL21 cockpit and better engines - I supposed that is better than the status quo. The current Beechjets look pretty weathered....

Looks like the FLOPS website is still promoting the Phenom 300 (someone should tell the marketing people if the Phenoms are indeed leaving):

http://www.flightoptions.com/phenom-tour.html

Last edited:
I've heard no official announcement of FlOps canceling the Phenom program. I'm guessing we'll take delivery of a few, but the obvious sales effort will be on the 400XT.

As I indicated previously, the 400XT conversion hasn't been certified. But here's a look at Nextant's marketing comparison:

http://www.nextantaerospace.com/400xt-performance-comparison.html

Last edited:
The way I heard it there will be both the 400XT and Phenom 300.
The Phenom will be only for Frac shares and the 400XT for card/ charter.

According to the company announcement the Phenom is still coming but there is a hold on the deliveries until they can redesign the interiors and make them look like an executive interior and not a commuter interior.

Latest resources

Back