Thinking of getting my CFI...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

epic!

I graduate college in a few months and feel my only chances of building time and gaining experience at the moment is with a CFI. I have no hold ups about the getting it (training, costs, check ride) its just the actual of process of instructing that Im not feeling too keen on. Im typically not too good at explaining things or giving clear instructions. Is this something that will go away or I should work on? Id appreciate any advice. Thanks

I graduate college in a few months and feel my only chances of building time and gaining experience at the moment is with a CFI. I have no hold ups about the getting it (training, costs, check ride) its just the actual of process of instructing that Im not feeling too keen on. Im typically not too good at explaining things or giving clear instructions. Is this something that will go away or I should work on? Id appreciate any advice. Thanks
Absolutely! You'll learn to love it over time. Teaching is fun, and it is only intimidating before you actually experience it. After that, it is quite rewarding for you and the student. Can you get employed right there where you work now when you finish the CFI training?

best decision i've made. learn a lot about your abilities of flying

Remember: the student typically knows way less that you (if anything at all), so you have the upper hand. You'll stumble a little, but you'll find your feet and as the others have said: you'll learn a bunch.

CFI is a great move

Latest resources

Back