The nic is it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A couple quotes from the ruling.

"Plaintiffs have waited almost eight years for a resolution of their duty of fair representation claim on the merits. We will defer that resolution no longer."

"We thus remand this case with instructions to the district court to enter an order enjoining USAPA from participating in the McCaskill-Bond seniority integration proceedings, including any seniority-related discussions leading up to those proceedings, except to the extent that USAPA advocates the Nicolau Award...."

Congratulations!!!!!! It's about time justice was served. Those A-holes deserve to be stapled and sued within an inch of their lives. Both distinct possibilities!! Great news!

A couple quotes from the ruling.

"Plaintiffs have waited almost eight years for a resolution of their duty of fair representation claim on the merits. We will defer that resolution no longer."

"We thus remand this case with instructions to the district court to enter an order enjoining USAPA from participating in the McCaskill-Bond seniority integration proceedings, including any seniority-related discussions leading up to those proceedings, except to the extent that USAPA advocates the Nicolau Award...."

Where does it say in the SLI arbitrators panel that USAPA will be deciding how all three groups are merged? I believe this is all premature - although I believe that the West Proposal ( with tweaking for the furloughees ) may be a template for the final SLI

It doesn't say that. The arbitrators are still free to merge lists in any way they choose. But what it does do is blow the East committees proposal right out of the water. It also makes the AA committee look like they are trying to re-order the East and West list. I wonder if they both have a plan B.

The arbitrators will have Nicolau's original ruling before them. They will also have a declaration from the 9th court of appeals validating the NIC. Maybe they will want to be the first panel to ever re-order a previous seniority arbitration. I'm guessing not.

Now THAT is Fantastic! Ooooohh Snap! The NIC is it! Where is Dornier 335? Any opinions from those "third listers" that jumped right over the West pilots to grab Captain seats on the East Coast? We all knew that was a load of poop!

Bye Bye---General Lee

General,
I think there is only about 15-20 "Third Lister" Captains on the 190. Not sure how many guys want to commute to Philly to fly that pile for 8 bucks an hour more over being a group II FO. We're all definitely getting ready for 20 more years of listening to everyone bitch about it though.

The arbitrators are still free to merge lists in any way they choose.

True. But their language in the ruling is a basically a coded message to the arbitrators: "hey, we issued this ruling just in time for you guys so that you'll know that you're supposed to use the Nic for the integration." The arbitrators aren't idiots. They'll use the Nic. East and West pilots will not be re-ordered. The only question is where you'll be slotted in with AMR pilots.

Latest resources

Back