The next vote, December 20th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

D_G

I can understand, at least make sense of the money bucket, but *************************ing out and agreeing to 8 years.. it doesn't matter who he is, you don't back down just because he doesn't want to see picketing again, that is not Strong Union. It really makes me wonder what went on behind those closed doors. Seclusion, a wonderful thing

Yup.

Embrace the suck. 9-10 years of it.

I think the test of whether or not it sucks will be demonstrated by whether mass amounts of pilots leave for the airlines as the hiring continues to spool up.

If this contract is approved, and IF many pilots leave, can NJA increase pilot compensation to stop the attrition? If so, how would that come about?

See: IBB 2007. Something all NJA pilots should be very familiar with.

Sometimes change happens outside of normal bargaining (Section 6, IBB, etc...)

Remember the 5-Domicile system for new hires? IBB 2007 grew it to 100 bases but later on, the company had to expand it to over 200 prior to the NJI merger....

Last edited:
Post-ratification, pilot attrition will be limited to FO's only (2006 hires and later). Existing PIC's won't be going anywhere. This place will be become an FO revolving door again, but only when junior pilots learn that they will NEVER be upgrading here...ever (some figure that out sooner than others). If this proves too costly for the company (ie, no growth because new pilots are staying here less than 2-3 years), then they will be forced to address it - possibly with another IBB. They will also likely have a very difficult time finding new (good) pilots to work here. I'm curious what the answer is when the inevitable questions comes up "So what's the upgrade time here?" Time will tell.

Just remember that YOU, the NetJets PIC's, are the ones that decided to do this to your FO's. Sit down, and don't look to the right. It would be too uncomfortable.

Just remember that YOU, the NetJets PIC's, are the ones that decided to do this to your FO's. Sit down, and don't look to the right. It would be too uncomfortable.

Seriously Waco? Maybe you'd better think one more time about that statement. Let me help you.

First of all, the PIC's won't have done anything to the SIC's. Maybe you need to be reminded that it was the NC (some of whom are FO's) who negotiated this deal. Oh, and maybe you've already forgotten that our union president, you know, the leader of the union and who has wholeheartedly endorsed this deal, is also an FO.

Second, there are plenty of FO's who are voting in favor of this TA. Plenty. Try reading our own boards once in a while. It's readily apparent. My last company recurrent I was paired with a very senior FO whom I like a great deal and who informed me he would vote yes because he believed it really was the best we could do.

Finally, I'm a very senior captain and I voted no. I also know of several more captains, more senior than me, that have also voted no.

We'll know very shortly whether this passes or not. I think it will. And while technically speaking it will require a majority of PIC's to vote yes to get it to pass, so if it passes you could say PIC's played a large role in it, that doesn't mean we're all responsible or that all SIC's voted against it.

And actually, if the vote is close, maybe within 6-7%, you could actually blame the FO's since there are a surprising number who are voting yes.

So quit bellyaching about it! If it passes and you're going to be a miserable sod to fly with after that, do us all a favor and just quit.

If I'm ever paired with you I'lll look right as much as I darn well please. If you want to sit there and stew for the next 5-10 years be my guest. You won't bring me down. If we get a decent overnight feel free to slam-click and leave this "fat, dumb and happy" PIC alone.

We're a union. While I voted no I also understand that sometimes the majority, which I may not be a part of, will override my wishes. Life goes on.

The only thing is, if I fly with enough FO's who want to be miserable at work and act like the PIC's are the enemy (I don;t plan on advertising how I voted to everyone I fly with so we'll see how this goes), maybe next vote I'll just go with my most selfish instincts and the heck with anyone else.

Last edited:
If you want to sit there and stew for the next 5-10 years be my guest.

I like that. We are in control of wether or not we sit here and stew, nobody is forcing us. I don't like the low pay either, for an 11 year FO which most of us are, or for a 14 year captain which most captains are at or above 14 years. I am at an age where I may not be able to move to a better (pay and seniority to hold 13 day schedule with 28 days vacation) job, so this might be it. But no one is forcing me to Sit Here And Stew, that would only be me. It sucks but maybe enough new guys will see it and create a Netjets Pri 1 departure and an IBB will correct it. I'm not going to Stew though.

Latest resources

Back