the "NASA" form

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Driver

Who can tell me where I can download this form... I may need to file one .... I need to research what this form can do for me... I might need to file one... that darn TEB.

Did you trigger a noise sensor at TEB? The noise office will still cite you for violations, NASA form or not.

My GUESS is he climbed to 2,000 ft on the TEB5 departure before he got to 4.5 DME.... That is a common "gotcha"... On that departure ALWAYS set the ASEL to 1,500 ft and don't change it until 4.5 DME....

Off of Rwy 24 it is Climb on runway heading to 1500 ft, then turn right to 280°, maintain 1,500 until passing 4.5 DME from TEB VOR then climb to 2,000 ft.

Ouch.

Can't you hear the controller saying "remain clear of the class bravo...."

this is what happened

we had to fly with from ewr to teb... at first the controller was gonna try to work us in for the vis. to 6.... we could not see the traffic so he broke us off .... vectors for the ils to 6.... as you can imagine... we had a lot to do in a short amount of time..... the controller cleared us for the approach .... we crossed dandy on the glide-slope... and right then... he can on and said... "the clearance was to cross dandy at 1500.. you guys are in ewr's airspace...." I guess the controller usually says " cleared for the ils to 6 cross dandy at 1500" ... but he never said that to us... i went back to look at the approach and it is clearly published "manditory 1500" .... the wearther was VFR and knowing that, .. we did not spent as much time scrutinizing over the plate.... oh well he did not say anything else about it...like call this number when you land.... but just in case i might file the form.....

if anyone has a plate... i would be interested in knowing what alt. dandy is...

I'll have to check later today, but you have to be careful with the EWR airspace, even using the DME approach (cross wanes at xxx, cliffo at xxx, etc) to keep you at a low enough altitude that the EWR traffic doesn't interfere.

Don't know if you should file the form.

When in doubt...

It only costs you a stamp and 15 min. of your time. Also, they have have the form in the back of the FAR/AIM

BTW; Does anyone know if you can submit the form by computer? I know it can be done securely and safely, but I don't know if they have moved into the computer age yet.

ILS 6 TEB

I, too, have done the Teterboro shuffle many, many times. As others have pointed out, it is a challenging airport and you really need to be on your toes coming and going. Falcon Capt is correct about the departure ... from any runway, it is a challenge, but especially off 19/24 due to the EWR arrivals.

As to your specific problem, fill out the form ... it can't hurt. On the ILS, DANDY is marked 1500' MANDATORY ... the plate does not depict DANDY's GS altitude, but it is moot in any case given the mandatory altitude. The mistake is an understandable one that any of us could have made.

I once saw a depiction of all the IFR approaches in north Jersey ... all these final approach courses over and under lay one another everywhere ... TEB, MMU, EWR, not to mention all the smaller fields and everyone out there coming and going, practice approaches, etc. The reason these approaches are all set up as they are is because there is pretty much guaranteed to be other airplanes above and below you and the mandatory altitudes assure separation. The controllers are fanatic about it, as we all know ... because they're always dealing with the proverbial 10 gallons of manure in the 5 gallon pail. The New York controllers do a good job, and they usually do remind us of those mandatory altitudes (like the VOR approach mentioned above, and the ILS).

Thanks for sharing an experience we can all learn from ... that is what is great about this forum.

Tailwinds, y'all ...

R

Latest resources

Back