The Moving Goalpost at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GlorifiedCabbie

We have been sold the idea that we needed to get rid of the Teamsters is order for us to become more competitive in the market. So now we will focus on service and safety, but I am afraid the company's focus will shift to profitability. Let's keep track of how things change-for the better or worse.

We have been sold the idea that we needed to get rid of the Teamsters is order for us to become more competitive in the market. So now we will focus on service and safety, but I am afraid the company's focus will shift to profitability. Let's keep track of how things change-for the better or worse.

I think (hope) they realize now more than ever that service and safety is paramount to profitability. Senior management will need to assign increased over-watch of the OOC to make sure service and safety are given priority before filling in their puzzle.

I think (hope) they realize now more than ever that service and safety is paramount to profitability. Senior management will need to assign increased over-watch of the OOC to make sure service and safety are given priority before filling in their puzzle.

They really don’t care about safety, as long as the trip is done. The only advocate for your own safety now is the FAA, no more union stewart to call when tbey ask you the loaded question, “Are you refusing the flight?”

Anyone reading this thread should run as fast as they can from the four alarm building fire this place is morphing into. The wonderful promises Kenn and company made prior to the vote are as hollow as the heads of the decerters themselves. All the decerters need to just keep repeating the mantra, “Kenn is great, Kenn is good” while he’s bending them over. But hey, give Kenn a year and then we can form a new union if we want to. Not.

You're a dreamer. The thing they hated most about the union was the constraints it put on them regarding safety and service.

Do you think they hated the salaries? Give me a break. That CBA gave them qualified pilots at bargain basement prices. If that's all they cared about they would have mounted no effort to abolish it.

They WANT the ability and flexibility change the definition of good safety and service as a constantly moving target depending on demand and needs.

There will be no effort to do anything YOU think they should.

You guys are so deluded the fall is going to be all that much harder. You'll get everything you asked for. The ****ty part is you don't yet realize exactly what it is you asked for...

You're ****ed if you think CGF cares what you think the definition of the determination of safety and service vs. profitability might look like including more oversight. In reality expect an even greater divorce of their involvement in the reality what it takes to get the job done.

I feel sorry for the next guy that barrels off the end of the runway, has a catastrophic failure that bends metal or hurts someone or for just the inadvertent error that results in an investigation. You think the company or Ricci is coming to your defense?! LOL, you are the problem- the scapegoat. The union was an insurance policy that you just threw away. Maybe God will have mercy on your soul, cause Ricci won't.

Without profitability aviation safety programs are lackluster and ineffective, they are just a book on a shelf.

Every companies focus should be profitability which, in turn, creates resources and adds personnel to enhance and ensure safety...... Your thought process is completely misguided, a company has to make a decent profit. You have to look at the big picture which is so often the problem in these "its all about me" days we live in.

There is nothing more dangerous than a company that is continually not profitable. its just that simple.

Last edited:
He wasn’t arguing that the company should be unprofitable. What he implied is that the company will give lip service to service and safety, but in reality it will try to further squeeze profits out of the operation and likely at the expense of the service and safety.

He wasn’t arguing that the company should be unprofitable. What he implied is that the company will give lip service to service and safety, but in reality it will try to further squeeze profits out of the operation and likely at the expense of the service and safety.

Didn't get that out of it but thanks for the clarification. I would hope that wouldn't be the case and with an operation as big as the one in this thread, I highly doubt thats the move they will make. Far too many eyes watching. Safety and SMS is now the expectation and no longer the exception, not only is the FAA/ICAO demanding but even far more important, customers are becoming insistent on it.

Its pretty basic - Either companies conform to the industry best practices or they go away.

Last edited:
You do know that Flex has had some issues keeping planes on pavement in the last 24 months or so right?

Latest resources

Back