Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The King of the Fractional market (Model)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rajflyboy

Anyone know what RTS is up to now a days?

He was the first one with the passion and courage and know how to start the fractional aircraft industry.

And no doubt he was the undisputed “King” of sales. Nobody could sell shares the way he could.

He was the expert at building the “Brand”

the ex NJI guys love Santulli.

they had it so so good when he was around. I went over to NJI back in 2007.

it is my opinion that back in 2007, NJI was probably the best job in the U.S. so consequently to NJI personnel, he was like a God.

I agree with some of the observations the thread starter made. But we were wasting a lot of money, and something had to give.

he was great a branding and customer service thought. I'll give him that

we needed a CEO with the selling mojo and customer service creed that Santulli had, and the ability to crunch numbers like Sokol

I hope that's what we have in AJ. I don't know

And the big question?

What if RTS was “Selling” in today’s market?

Corporate Aviation is all about spending money. It’s all about excess. It’s all about the Country Club. That’s what corporate/private jets are all about. Have we forgotten this?

Ol’ Dick Santulli has been busy as ever...

This is off Bloombergs website;

Mr. Richard T. Santulli, also known as Rich served as Vice President of General Electric Company since joining in April 1, 2015 to December 31, 2016. Mr. Santulli Co-Founded Milestone Aviation Group Limited and has been its Advisor since January 1, 2017. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Milestone Aviation Group Limited until January 1, 2016. He served as a Consultant of NetJets Inc. since August 4, 2009. Mr. Santulli founded NetJets Inc., and served as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer until August 4, 2009. He built NetJets into a globally recognized brand in aviation and the standard bearer for safety, reliability and service. He also served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of RTS Helicopter. From 1969 to 1980, he served as an Investment Banker of Goldman Sachs & Co., where he held various managerial positions, including Vice President of Investment Banking and President of Goldman Sachs Leasing Corporation. He serves as Chairman of Loan Value Group, LLC. Mr. Santulli serves as Chairman of Netjets Aviation, Inc. He served as the Chairman of the Board of Milestone Aviation Group Limited until January 1, 2016. He serves as a Director of TKS, Inc. He served as a Director of NetJets, Inc. until August 4, 2009. He also serves on the board of directors at the Mercy Home for Children, Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation, The Jockey Club and The New York Racing Association, Inc. Mr. Santulli holds a Masters Degree in Operations Research at Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute, a master’s and a bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics from Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute.

He is still making it big today
We heard he sold that Milestone Av for a mint. Not sure if he’s still in charge of anything or just in an advisory position. Either way he has sway being on the BOD of the other entities.

Dude like that will always land on his feet. In light of the atrocious management we’ve had over the last ten years I wish he’d of reigned in his yes men and stayed in King Dilly’s favor...

Expert in Branding

It was amazing just how many owners/customers that knew him or had his personal phone number. He knew his customers well and was able to keep them happy and also keep them straight. !!

Expert in Branding

It was amazing just how many owners/customers that knew him or had his personal phone number. He knew his customers well and was able to keep them happy and also keep them straight. !!

He was very good at branding. Couple things to keep in mind. In the time “Before Warren” (BW), this was an Upper West Side fly’n club made up almost exclusively of friends of Rich. Former Goldman Sachs types and the monied gentry of the greater NY area.

They all had Rich on the Rolodex and later the Speeddial. When you were tasked to fly a “Santulli Trip” it had its own special code and handling. These trips included the close friends and acquaintances of RTS and the people who were in from the beginning. All fell under the Blue/Yellow coding if I remember the colors correctly.

He knew how to keep them straight and happy becasue they were all in the club and spoke the same language...unlike you and I! :)

Even in the time “After Warren” (AW), he had the Midas Touch and held sway over the “owners”. At the end of the day it was still his baby. He had skin in the game. It was his reputation at stake.

It’s the one thing that every management team has lacked and may never be recovered since his departure. Skin in the game. They haven’t understood what it took to make the baby, much less how feed the baby after it fell into their collective laps. None of them have been truly in “the club”...

Latest resources

Back