The Fractional Jet Industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MBA

I am trying to learn more about the business side of the fractional industry. I am looking for a site or books to read about how this industry conducts business. I seek to learn about what makes them profitable, policies, contracts, etc. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Is this the same MBA who was so cantakerous here during the Comair Strike?

From what I have heard, all of the are privately owned. No way to make money on them by buying stocks.

You have me confused with someone else. If you noticed, this is my first post. Therefore, there was no way I could have made comments about the Comair strike.

MBA,

You might want to consider changing your handle. The old MBA made quite a few enemies on this board. Just a suggestion...

R.F.

MBA,

There have been numerous articles in periodicals such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Flying Magazine, etc. Although these are all private companies there is if you can successfully do the research a good amount of info out there. You might want to do a search on Warren Buffett as his company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns EJA. There is also a book called The Buyer's Guide to Fractional Ownership that may help you. Good Luck.

Mr. I.

work

There have been a bunch of articles but most of them do not deal with the business side of this approach.
If I can help you, send me a pm with your questions.

I saw an interesting show i think on the history channel last week about buisness aviation.

One of the more interesting things they showed was the way Clay Lacy commutes to work.

He lives at the Pine Mountain Lake Airport just outside Yosemite national park. he parks his own lear jet at his house. He commutes to Van Nuys airport in LA. Its only about a 37 minute flight. helluva way to live.

What is the identifier for?

Hmmmmmmm wonder what the identifier for the airport is....perhaps.....KSCAB.

Humble

Do you think Lacy cares?

At this point in Clay Lacy's life, he owns one of the largest charter firms on the west coast, and to quote a previous poster:

He lives at the Pine Mountain Lake Airport just outside Yosemite national park. he parks his own lear jet at his house. He commutes to Van Nuys airport in LA. Its only about a 37 minute flight. helluva way to live.

Now, do you think he cares if anyone calls him a scab?

Latest resources

Back