• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the pilots I know won't spend the money to replace their piss yellow, sweat stained uniform shirt.

Good luck getting them to ante up for hostile take over!

How very true.

One of many answers for why ESOP failed is that after acquiring a majority of the stock, the employees were still grossly underrepresented on the board of directors. Combine that with the corporate environment of the immediate post-9/11 panic and the fact that being the majority owners of a bankrupt company is worth exactly nothing.

One of many answers for why ESOP failed is that after acquiring a majority of the stock, the employees were still grossly underrepresented on the board of directors. Combine that with the corporate environment of the immediate post-9/11 panic and the fact that being the majority owners of a bankrupt company is worth exactly nothing.

Wrong Wrong Wrong......It was whipsaw!!!!!!! Damn that whipsaw!!!!!!

Don't remember it, but I haven't been in a few years. Is it flying or does it just sit there?

It's the Kiwi paint but has New Orleans - something on it, a sports team I guess in NO (not the Saints) maybe a BB team...

Personally, I see Delta starting up their own regional fleet here in a few years. They are keeping Comair's certificate active in order to do so. First Comair, next Pinnacle. I see an announcement coming out the next couple months about Pinnacle and the beginning of their closure as well. Hate to see that happen but very possible in my opinion.

Delta bean counters have quite a bit on the chopping block. Just today they pulled the contract for Regional Elite and issued the RFP for their handling. Regional Elite is closing up shop obviously. A lot of former Comair ground personnel went there and now they are going to be out of a job. Pinnacle lookout. I think you are next on the chopping block.

They dont need a regional airline to have a regional fleet. They have the rates in the Cba and own the leases on many of the rjs already in service. They don't need comairs certificate, All they need is to add crj to their own ops specs and training department. That's a lot cheaper than starting another regional they won't be able to staff.

Personally, I see Delta starting up their own regional fleet here in a few years. They are keeping Comair's certificate active in order to do so. First Comair, next Pinnacle. I see an announcement coming out the next couple months about Pinnacle and the beginning of their closure as well. Hate to see that happen but very possible in my opinion.

Delta bean counters have quite a bit on the chopping block. Just today they pulled the contract for Regional Elite and issued the RFP for their handling. Regional Elite is closing up shop obviously. A lot of former Comair ground personnel went there and now they are going to be out of a job. Pinnacle lookout. I think you are next on the chopping block.

Gojets and others do it so cheap, that it would be impossible to match their costs. The also includes the FAs, mechanics, and ramp/gate people. Instead, just cap the number and throw in a ratio that keeps it there. That is what the new contract did.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back