• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again how come all the guys with all the answers on how to fix management, don't come over to the dark side and bring in the light?

Because all of us have been in this business long enough to have friends who have tried exactly that, only to find that it's impossible, because the senior managers aren't interested in some pilot bringing new ideas. You're just there to do whatever the top dogs want, not to try to actually fix problems. No thanks. Not interested.

Because all of us have been in this business long enough to have friends who have tried exactly that, only to find that it's impossible, because the senior managers aren't interested in some pilot bringing new ideas. You're just there to do whatever the top dogs want, not to try to actually fix problems. No thanks. Not interested.
Yes but all of the pilots could get together, pool their money, and start a perfect airline. Now you might have to hire someone with experience outside the cockpit that would respected by Wall Street and the Bankers, but the pilots could run the airline through this person by being on the board of directors.

Or another option is the pilots start buying all the voting stock of an airline get a sizable portion and then elect pilots to the board that would work to convert the airline to the perfect airline.

Yes but all of the pilots could get together, pool their money, and start a perfect airline. Now you might have to hire someone with experience outside the cockpit that would respected by Wall Street and the Bankers, but the pilots could run the airline through this person by being on the board of directors.

Or another option is the pilots start buying all the voting stock of an airline get a sizable portion and then elect pilots to the board that would work to convert the airline to the perfect airline.

That has been tried. I believe some Pan Am pilots bought what was the Easter Shuttle and it failed.

Am I wrong.

Any airline run by pilots is doomed to fail

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Remember Kiwi? How long did they last? That was a bunch of ex Eastern pilots.

You are right I was wrong. As I now remember, thank you, their claim to fame was the leather jackets.

Wasn't UAL at one time represented on the BOD by the pilots?

Latest resources

Back