• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honestly sorry to hear this news. For those of you affected, our collective hope is that somehow you end up better off after the dust settles.

Through the portals of Comair have passed a great many of the finest airmen in the world, bar none.

It was a great privilege for me to have known and worked with so many of you; a highlight of my very long career that I will always remember with great pride and a broad smile.

To those of you that I knew - thank you for a great experience. To those that I did not - the very best of wishes.

Tailwinds and godspeed to all of you. Sayonara ...............

Surplus1
CMR (Retired)

Last edited:
SO I guess we will look to see who is doing a massive hiring to include street captains to know where the 700's and 900's are going. The same amount of pilots will be on the street at Pinnacle when the 200's there get parked. That will leave what, 39 200's to lose for the new Delta scope? Good luck to all the great Comair people out there.

As a former emloyee I am very sad to hear that Comair is being shut down. It was a great place to work (pre buyout) and I'm sorry that Delta has finished their hatchet job on a good company. I guess this shows were Delta's priorities are, and its not on customer service.

I hope all the employees at Comair land somewhere, and wish my former coworkers the best of luck.

You assume that he doesn't? No one could be that unhappy, unless they were living in their mom's(Lt. Gen. Cheouy Lee) basement. I think he deserves azz cancer but what the hey...

Wow, look at the hostility. I think the vast majority of Comair employees are good people that now find themselves in a bad situation, a lot like many of our furloughed people after 9-11. Losing your job is not a good thing, and I wish those good people the best of luck landing a better job.

Bye Bye---General Lee

By and large MOST people no matter what they do for a living are good and decent people. Situations like this either bring out the worst or the best in the individual.

Very sad to hear about Comair. I have friends there to this day and I am sure they are concerned about the next steps forward - as I would be. I wish all Comair employees luck! I think anyone flying a 50 seat RJ (like myself) needs to consider Plan B options. You can also thank Fred "Greedy" Reid for his tremendous RJ foresight and willingness to order 1000 RJs to fulfill his fleet dreams.

This crap economy certainly does not help in terms of pilot hiring prospects. Let's hope Barry Obama gets his a$$ thrown out of office so that we can seriously attempt to revive this "life support with no business-oriented plan" economy. Increasing taxes on job creators while adding to the $ trillions in tax money spent simply won't work...

Good luck to all involved!

Agree on the Comair part. This is BS treatment by Delta.

Per the Obama comment, you clearly are a F*&^Tard.

you go profit !!!

Latest resources

Back