• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The unfortunate part of this scenario is it will continue to happen again and again unless the leaders of the pilot unions get together and put a stop to it.

To the pilots and employees of Comair....godspeed.

A350

I remember when Comair got their industry leading contract a few years ago. Based on the comments from Comair management about cost structure I assume this is Delta's punishment for them?

Good luck to all of your Comair folks...

Hear that sound? That is Genny Lee hunched over, in the hotel in Rio, punishing his unit like a monkey in a zoo. The sound is his hand breaking Mach speed, once he breaks the 3second barrier, he will chime in n F/I.

Comair is a victim of the worst actors in aviation. May their fate be the same.

Very sad to hear about Comair. I have friends there to this day and I am sure they are concerned about the next steps forward - as I would be. I wish all Comair employees luck! I think anyone flying a 50 seat RJ (like myself) needs to consider Plan B options. You can also thank Fred "Greedy" Reid for his tremendous RJ foresight and willingness to order 1000 RJs to fulfill his fleet dreams.

This crap economy certainly does not help in terms of pilot hiring prospects. Let's hope Barry Obama gets his a$$ thrown out of office so that we can seriously attempt to revive this "life support with no business-oriented plan" economy. Increasing taxes on job creators while adding to the $ trillions in tax money spent simply won't work...

Good luck to all involved!

Sadly, Gen Lee is probably celebrating at an all night Bender.

Good luck to my friends and colleagues at Comair!

Is this the majors sending a message regarding balance of power? I've seen the Legacys use employees as paws in their capers to obtain gate space etc.? This is a sad day for those pilots, flight attendants and support personal of a once great Airline!!!

I love how delta says comair does only does 1% of the delta flying and this will not affect the flying structure of delta at all. I think you should shove it up the mans ass and all just walk off now and see what that does to delta structure. God speeds brothers you all are the best and my prayers will go out to you and your families.

Godspeed.

I was on a TDY passing through MCO when I came across these guys walking the line. What struck me then, and now, were the similarities between us. There but for the grace of God...

Latest resources

Back